Marketing and Communications | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 625,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members.
ASCAP is seeking a dynamic, intelligent, highly organized “superstar” for the role of Marketing Manager on its fast-paced Marketing & Communications team. This position supports the Sr. Director and Vice President on all key marketing initiatives, including paid advertising, barter and sponsor partnerships, promotions and events. Join the team of the only member-owned U.S. performance rights organization and help protect the rights and promote the careers of music creators — the heart and soul of the music industry.
The role requires superior communication and organization skills, passion and enthusiasm for music, and the ability to go the extra mile when needed. The successful candidate will be able to transition seamlessly from project to project.
Areas of Responsibility / Accountability
- Help coordinate budgets, timelines and milestones for ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO, industry functions and paid advertising projects.
- Work with design team, web team and social media team on all creative deliverables tied to department initiatives.
- Assist Sr. Director in all planning and execution elements of ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO (venue set up, speaker & panelist recruitment via membership group, website development, sales leadership and full execution of event).
- Assist in all event-related technology with internal production colleagues and venue partners
- Coordinate event communication elements to attendees, potential attendees, and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Sr. Director on identifying sponsor opportunities for EXPO and other key initiatives throughout the year
- Develop and manage execution of pitch decks, create innovative solutions for varying clients and liaise directly with external partners to deliver and communicate ROI.
- Work with Sr. Director on execution of marketing campaigns for Member Benefits partners to enhance revenue generation strategies.
PR & Communications
- Work with Marketing and Communications team members on execution of all ASCAP internal and external events and marketing initiatives.
- Draft copy for ASCAP member emails, industry function initiatives, paid advertising, executive communications and more.
- Support Communications team on PR initiatives when/where needed, including red carpet (event) support.
Budget and Finance
- Manage event budgets to target and assist in all marketing finance processes including contracts, invoicing and inbound/outbound payments.
- Oversee day-to-day budget movements for Advertising, EXPO and Industry Functions initiatives.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; preferred concentration in either Marketing or Business OR a writing-focused subject area (e.g. English, Journalism, Communication, etc).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to confidently and diplomatically work with all levels of colleagues, senior management and clients
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Event management experience
- Organizational skills, the ability to be detail oriented, and strong administrative skills
- Energetic, motivated, and passionate
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and perform well under pressure
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, and some weekends as needed
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to the changing industry and organization landscape
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Web management (HTML) skills a plus
- Adobe InDesign skills a plus
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program