Manager, Global Services Analytics
Global Services | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
Manager, Global Services Analytics will support the Global Services department in meeting goals by providing statistical analysis and reporting on, competitive comparisons, member royalty distribution, financial modeling and market share analysis. The position will work closely with Business and Legal Affairs as well as the Data analytics team to support needs associated with member requests. The position will utilize data sources such as Billboard, Competitrack, Neilsen and other media sources for analysis and reporting. In addition the position will work with the Global Services team to provide recommendations to enhance or improve current methodology and practices. Resolves complex issues brought to ASCAP by members regarding their royalties, ASCAP’s distribution system and other needs. Finally, the Manager will work closely with the Distribution and Membership teams on company wide operating and strategic initiatives.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
Market Share Analysis
- research and analyze Billboard, Neilsen and other data sources to assist in determining overall market share in key areas of the business – radio, TV, digital services, etc…
- work closely with cross departmental teams to analyze and review distribution rules and practices to support possible recommendations for change.
- develop expert knowledge of current distribution rules and practices.
- incorporate market share and competitive market analysis into financial modeling.
- query and analyze distribution data from priority internal systems and other sources to support:
- distribution projections, distribution history and other royalty reporting needs.
- based on member inquiries troubleshoot and research distribution anomalies and/or shortfalls.
- research and analyze competitive data and incorporate findings into market share and distribution reporting.
- maintain quarterly competitive distribution database and seek avenues for obtaining competitive data.
- determine shortfalls/advantages within competitor distribution systems.
- deliver comparative studies on a quarterly basis and highlight any potential changes within competitor distribution systems.
Database Creation and Maintenance
- Work closely Data Analytics and Information Systems teams to incorporate any reporting into priority systems and databases where needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3 - 5 years professional work experience; strong experience focused on analytics preferred
- Bachelor's degree in finance or economics. Master's degree a plus, not required.
- Highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues.
- Ability to prioritize and shift focus based on urgency of requests.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of business and management.
- Effective and creative problem solver.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and MS Office. Additional knowledge of financial software applications – (SAP and SQL) preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team to meet position, department and company goals.