ISD | New York, NY | Full Time
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and mambers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We're currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team to design, develop and implement software solutions. We are looking for someone to be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/J2EE code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Proficient in J2EE, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience in designing and creating RESTFul web services using JAX-RS
- Familiarity with EJBs, Struts, and JSPs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with writing prepared statements and querying Oracle
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of WebSphere Application Server
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Team Foundation Server source control
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program