Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
As an integral member of ASCAP's HR team, the HRIS Analyst supports, implements, and maintains all HRIS systems. This position will support the HRIS function in areas of information systems analysis, data management, data integrity, and issue resolution. The HRIS Analyst will work closely with the HR team to analyze business needs and translate them into system specifications in order to develop and maintain the HR systems.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
- Serves as the primary HR team member responsible for collaboration in planning, designing, developing, testing, and implementing new HR applications and enhancements/upgrades to existing applications.
- Act as subject matter expert in the Cornerstone Performance Management System and ADP WFN (Workforce Now) HRIS System.
- Performs steps required to configure the HRIS solution to meet the business process requirements of the organization.
- Serve as project lead for implementation and utilization of Cornerstone modules including Performance, Compensation, Learning and any future module additions.
- Proactively recommends system related upgrades, process improvement opportunities and/or innovative solutions for automating business processes.
- Develops technical and end user procedures, guidelines, documentation and training; trains new system users and provides ongoing training to end users.
- Performs system audits to ensure data integrity.
- Responsible for all system testing prior to live releases.
- Reviews, tests and implements patches, upgrades, revisions to the software as needed.
- Creates complex, and ad-hoc, reports using the HRIS, Excel and internal databases. Consults with HR and others to define data needs and provides the reporting solution to meet needs.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2 - 3 years of experience working in an HRIS systems role
- Working knowledge of Cornerstone software suite and ADP and/or ADP WFN (Workforce Now) a plus
- Experience in implementing and converting to new HRIS platforms and systems preferred
- Proficient in application research, problem solving, and decision making
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail and ability to manage sensitive, confidential information
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program