Director, Enterprise Architecture
Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and mambers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
Do you have a passion for architecting software solutions that leverage the latest technologies to deliver secure, reliable, resilient and scalable solutions? ASCAP is seeking a Director of Enterprise Architecture to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented team of software architects to deliver game changing solutions for our growing digital business. Candidate must have the ability to attract, recruit and lead the industry’s best talent and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure we are building compelling, customer oriented solutions in an agile environment.
Acting as an internal consultant to both technology and the business, the ideal candidate will architect and design solutions that are strategic for the business and build on the latest technologies and patterns. Utilizing in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, open source technologies and software engineering, you will develop the strategy, achieve business and engineering buy-in, and monitor execution toward our target architecture.
We are looking for a leader with a broad understanding of technology and how it can be applied to move our solutions forward. Candidates should possess deep knowledge across technologies and have a strong background in software engineering.
- Experience with AWS Products and service such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, S3, Glacier, RedShift, AppStream and all other management and developer categories
- Expert in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Jira or another similar agile system of record like Rally, Version One
- AWS, Azure, GCP certifications desirable, CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications also desirable
- DevOps Processes
- Process & Technology Modeling & Mapping (Current State, Transitional State, Future State)
- Integration Patterns
- Open Source Software
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in a technology leadership position
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Architecture
- At least 2 years of professional experience with AWS
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 5+ years of experience in Application Architecture
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Proven ability to set technical strategy, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy governing that area
- Excellent problem solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program