Desktop & A/V Support Engineer
Global Technology Solutions | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 825,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
ASCAP is home to more than 825,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Are you passionate about working with customers? Are you excited to learn new technologies? Would you rather be coding than whiteboarding? If the answer is yes, then you might make a great fit for our team of talented software engineers who work with our business and product teams on high impact projects using emerging technologies and platforms. ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong Mac device skills. This role will be part of our existing team of desktop engineers primarily focused on Macs, but with a secondary focus on Windows support.
The person in this role will need to prioritize and ensure that timely responses and resolutions are provided to requests and incidents for our Mac users. This is a customer facing role, so maintaining and developing a good relationship with our users is a must. This individual should be able to think outside of the box, be creative, and drive ideas to the team. They should also be able to shift and adjust priorities based on changing business needs in our dynamic environment, while also remaining task-oriented to ensure completion of work from start to finish with appropriate solutions. This role will interact with senior ASCAP executives, so the person in this role will need to present and handle problems in a very structured and professional manner.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex Mac/PC hardware and software issues with a primary focus on security of these devices.
- Responsible for enterprise Mac/PC client hardware / software standards and strategy.
- Support client OS, application, mobile, virus, and hardware issues for users.
- Design, implement, and maintain Mac desktop group policy using JAMF.
- Design, implement, and maintain PC desktop group policy using BigFix.
- Work with vendors to design and maintain hardware and software standards.
- Develop automated workflows and technologies to efficiently manage Mac endpoints.
- Maintain inventory database, assign hardware and software assets, and manage warranty and service agreement information.
- Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to Apple/PC computers and all peripheral devices.
- Interact with IT vendors and management to ensure solutions are being provided for all escalating tickets.
- Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues in person or via telephone.
- Be available as needed and provide “White Glove” technical support to onsite and remote C-Level Executives.
- Write, maintain and implement systems documentation for incident responses and recurring issues.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving both complex Mac/MS hardware and software issues.
- Experience with Macintosh/Microsoft desktop imaging and distribution platforms such as JAMF, BigFix, Casper Suite, ARD.
- Strong knowledge of Mac endpoint patching platforms and procedures using JAMF Casper Suite preferred.
- Experience working with shell scripting a plus.ß
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in depth with various versions of both Mac/MS operating system.
- Hands-on desktop support experience in a large environment preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of anti-virus platforms, how they work, and their capabilities.
- Experience working with Mac Mobile Device Management platforms such as JAMF Casper Suite.
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certifications are a plus.
- In-depth understanding of Mac based hardware, software, peripherals.
What We Love About You:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- Very generous time-off policy
- Paid time off for approved volunteer events
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
- Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.