Strategy & Corporate Development | New York, NY | Full Time
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 600,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
We're looking for someone to join us at ASCAP as an Administrative Assistant. You'll be a critical team member responsible for administrative support of ASCAP's Strategy & Business Development group. You'll gain valuable experience working with teams in a variety of areas, including Administrative Services, Strategy & Business Development, Business Intelligence, and Digital Products.
- Provide administrative support to the Strategy & Business Development team.
- Interact and correspond with all levels within the organization and external organizations including senior management.
- Prepare and revise written documents and correspondence as needed.
- Provide calendar support.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, car rentals, and create itineraries and travel packets.
- Create expense reimbursement forms and track various business expenses.
- Coordinate onsite and offsite meetings.
- Liaise with outside vendors as necessary.
- Create and/or maintain accurate files, as applicable.
- Assist with events planning and workshops as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience; media/music industry experience preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities
- Ability to take direction and follow through on tasks with the highest level of detail
- Ability to work productively when supervisors are out of the office
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities/deadlines with grace and a positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Reliable and punctual
- Trustworthy with the highest personal code of ethics and integrity
- Flexible to work overtime and/or shifting hours as needed
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program