Planning Associate – Development
Development | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Asana Partners is a real estate investment company that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive retail properties in dynamic urban markets in the United States. We recruit professionals with proven experience, a deep understanding of the industry, the ability to think independently, and a track record of doing business the right way.
For additional information about Asana Partners, visit www.asanapartners.com.
The Planning Associate will work closely with the Development, Leasing and Asset Management teams on the planning of redevelopment and tenant buildout projects across the Asana Partners portfolio. The Planning Associate will partner with all teams including Investments, Asset Management and Leasing to create the redevelopment and merchandising business plan for each asset and manage the ongoing design activities during business plan execution. Duties include:
- Partner with the Development, Investments and Leasing teams to create the redevelopment business plan and execute design and planning activities for each asset.
- Partner with the Leasing team to create and manipulate site plans, space plans, and create work letter and other lease exhibits using AutoCAD to support all leasing activities.
- Participate in perspective tenant meetings and tours with Leasing and Asset Management to help identify space solutions based on tenant needs.
- Create and manipulate storefront perspectives and renderings using InDesign to help facilitate the leasing and merchandising process.
- Create and manage design criteria for tenant storefronts, signage, etc.
- Coordinate with Tenant and Design Consultants to ensure buildouts meet tenant expectations and work letter requirements.
- Interview, select, contract and manage third party designers, architects and engineers.
- Manage design timelines and budget for redevelopment and tenant upfit projects in order to meet or exceed underwritten returns.
- Master’s degree in engineering, architecture or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in architecture, design or construction.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and InDesign.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Critical thinker with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and capable of effective independent judgment.
- Acute attention to detail and passion for quality.
- Strong organizational and process skills.
- Some travel required.
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.