Director – People
Human Resources | Columbia, SC | Full Time
Asana Partners is a high-performance real estate investment company that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive mixed-use and retail properties in dynamic urban markets throughout the United States. We manage a multi-fund private equity platform to generate attractive returns for our roster of leading institutional investors. Asana Partners has 75 employees with primary offices in Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC; and regional offices in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA. We recruit highly collaborative professionals with a passion for quality and doing business the right way. We value integrity, independent thought, proven experience, and a bias toward action. Our commitment to a balanced investment approach requires a team with vision, discipline, and focus. We seek to find a team member for this position who will not only overachieve on the stated responsibilities but will fully engage with the entire Asana Partners team. Asana Partners knows that its most important asset is its people and we endeavor to create an exciting and fulfilling work experience that helps our team members develop a highly accomplished skill set and progress along an accelerated career path.
For additional information about Asana Partners, visit www.asanapartners.com.
As the Director – People, you will report to the Managing Partners and work alongside key stakeholders to craft and carry out people programs to foster employee fulfillment and organizational effectiveness. You will help to deliver high-impact initiatives, design innovative programs, and develop efficient processes across a myriad of strategic HR functions. You will be essential in helping to scale and support the day-to-day people operations of a growing business. You will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, culture development, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. Duties include:
Serve as business partner to department leaders, building trusted relationships with team members at all levels. Promote a culture of learning by supporting leaders with an unbiased perspective, counsel, and direct feedback, providing coaching/guidance, and handling employee relations to resolution
Develop and administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel
Lead recruitment effort for all levels of employees, interns, and temporary employees
Prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
Administer the compensation program; monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary
Lead Asana Partners Diversity in Action Plan and the achievement of measurable goals related to diversity training, recruiting, leasing, and community service
Lead annual Community Impact Day
Conduct new-employee orientations
Coordinate career-pathing and developmental training programs
Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing
Track OSHA data on OSHA 300 Logs for each location
Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EEO-1 report annually; maintain other compliance reporting as required
Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the human resources department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
Become an expert in and manage our HRIS and other HR systems, acting as a point person for all system-related inquiries, managing reporting, and streamlining processes and configuration when necessary
Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- 7+ years general experience in the HR field
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- HR certification required (HRCI or SHRM)
- Working knowledge of the principals and practices of personnel administration, including benefits, payroll, performance management, compliance/labor relations, and recruitment and retention programs.
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management
- Knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs
- Proven ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments
- Proven ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management
- Proficient in MS Office
- HRIS experience is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally 1:1 and in group presentations with internal and external customers
- Proven ability to hold a high level of confidentiality with respect to all parties
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as work independently to accomplish goals
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to effectively time manage and maintain a high level of organization
- Commercial real estate and/or private equity experience is a plus
- Periodic regional travel
Based in Columbia, SC with one workday every week in Charlotte, NC; or Based in Charlotte, NC with one workday every week in Columbia, SC.
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.