Director – Human Resources
Human Resources | Columbia, SC | Full Time
Asana Partners is a high-performance real estate investment company that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive mixed-use and retail properties in dynamic urban markets throughout the United States. We manage a multi-fund private equity platform to generate attractive returns for our roster of leading institutional investors. Asana Partners has 75 employees with primary offices in Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC; and regional offices in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA. We recruit highly collaborative professionals with a passion for quality and doing business the right way. We value integrity, independent thought, proven experience, and a bias toward action. Our commitment to a balanced investment approach requires a team with vision, discipline, and focus. We seek to find a team member for this position who will not only overachieve on the stated responsibilities but will fully engage with the entire Asana Partners team. Asana Partners knows that its most important asset is its people and we endeavor to create an exciting and fulfilling work experience that helps our team members develop a highly accomplished skill set and progress along an accelerated career path.
For additional information about Asana Partners, visit www.asanapartners.com.
The Director – Human Resources reports to the Managing Partners and is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Managing Directors and CFO. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, culture development, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. Duties include:
- Represent Asana Partners in the community.
- Develop and administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Lead recruitment effort for all levels of employees, interns, and temporary employees
- Prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Administer the compensation program; monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary
- Lead Asana Partners Diversity in Action Plan and the achievement of measurable goals related to diversity training, recruiting, leasing, and community service
- Lead annual Community Impact Day
- Conduct new-employee orientations
- Coordinate career-pathing and developmental training programs
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing
- Track OSHA data on OSHA 300 Logs for each location
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EEO-1 report annually; maintain other compliance reporting as required
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the human resources department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- 7+ years general experience in the HR field
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- HR certification required (HRCI or SHRM)
- Working knowledge of the principals and practices of personnel administration
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management
- Knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs
- Proven ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments
- Proven ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management
- Proficient in MS Office
- HRIS experience is a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, effective presentation skills, ability to handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality, ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, professionalism with both internal and external customers, ability to communicate with a variety of people, ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, ability to work independently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills.
- Commercial real estate and/or private equity experience is a plus
- Periodic regional travel
Based in Columbia, SC with one workday every week in Charlotte, NC; or Based in Charlotte, NC with one workday every week in Columbia, SC.
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.