Associate – Development
Development | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Asana Partners is a real estate investment company that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive retail properties in dynamic urban markets in the United States. We recruit professionals with proven experience, a deep understanding of the industry, the ability to think independently, and a track record of doing business the right way.
For additional information about Asana Partners, visit www.asanapartners.com.
The Associate – Development will work as part of the Development Team to manage redevelopment activities and to oversee the tenant design, buildout and opening process. The Associate – Development will be responsible to contract and coordinate with third party partners and consultants to manage the project intent, budget, and schedule to successful completion. The Associate – Development will partner closely with the Investments, Leasing and Asset Management Teams to ensure the execution of the overall business plan for each property. Duties include:
- Partner with the Investments, Asset Management, and Leasing Teams to execute the redevelopment and repositioning of assets based on the value creation strategies
- Partner with the Leasing Team to create and review tenant work letters and other lease exhibits
- Manage the schedule and budget of each redevelopment or development (forward take-out) project
- Estimate project costs and durations based on schematic design information for use in leasing and budgeting process
- Interview, select, contract and manage third party consultants, including but not limited to architects, engineers, and general contractors
- Work with Asset Management to manage logistics and tenant coordination for on-site work and construction
- Coordinate with Tenants to oversee the delivery of tenant upfit work including design, budgeting, construction and opening
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, business, finance, engineering, or related field; MBA or Master’s degree in real estate, engineering, architecture or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in real estate, developments, redevelopments, construction, or design
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Critical thinker with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and capable of effective independent judgment
- Acute attention to detail and passion for quality
- Strong organizational and process skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Frequent travel
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.