Analyst - Investment Accounting
Accounting | Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Asana Partners is a high-performance real estate investment company with $6.2 billion in assets under management that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive mixed-use and retail properties in dynamic urban markets throughout the United States. We manage a multi-fund private equity platform to generate attractive returns for our roster of leading institutional investors. Asana Partners is headquartered in Charlotte with additional offices in Los Angeles, Denver, Atlanta, and Columbia. We recruit highly collaborative professionals with a passion for quality and doing business the right way. We value integrity, independent thought, proven experience, and a bias toward action. Our commitment to a balanced investment approach requires a team with vision, discipline, and focus. We seek to find a team member for this position who will not only overachieve on the stated responsibilities but will fully engage with the entire Asana Partners team. Asana Partners knows that its most important asset is its people and we endeavor to create an exciting and fulfilling work experience that helps our team members develop a highly accomplished skill set and progress along an accelerated career path.
The Analyst is an important accounting support position on the Asana Partners team that reports to the Investment Accounting leadership team and works closely with Asset Management, Treasury, and Corporate Accounting. This is an opportunity to receive the training and experience to build an understanding of basic property accounting and operations of commercial real estate investments. This position is unique in that it provides a direct mentorship opportunity from experienced real estate professionals in a highly visible and inclusive culture.
For additional information about Asana Partners, visit www.asanapartners.com.
- Approve property operations workflow to facilitate payment of invoices and ensure accurate general ledger coding
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and gain exposure to technical transactions
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly accruals for a portfolio of investments and perform related financial analysis, including balance sheet classification
- Partner with lease administration team to ensure property lease set up and assist with budget to actual variance commentary on rental income
- Partner with the Asset Management and Property Management teams to review accounts receivable detail and to ensure all income is billed in accordance with lease terms along with gaining exposure to percentage rent, and annual reconciliations of recovery items
- Partner with the Investment Accounting leadership team and Asset Management team members on the budgeting and reforecasting process for all properties
- Basic understanding of GAAP (fair value accounting preferred)
- Passion for real estate is a must
- Excellence in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Acute attention to detail and passion for quality
- Ability to meet and manage critical deadlines and to work independently
- Interested in process improvement and documentation
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business, or a finance related field
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.