Accounting Specialist - Investment Accounting
Accounting | Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Asana Partners is a high-performance real estate investment company that creates value through acquisition, enhancement, and operation of distinctive mixed-use and retail properties in dynamic urban markets throughout the United States. We manage a multi-fund private equity platform to generate attractive returns for our roster of leading institutional investors. Asana Partners has 75 employees with primary offices in Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC; and regional offices in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA. We recruit highly collaborative professionals with a passion for quality and doing business the right way. We value integrity, independent thought, proven experience, and a bias toward action. Our commitment to a balanced investment approach requires a team with vision, discipline, and focus. We seek to find a team member for this position who will not only overachieve on the stated responsibilities but will fully engage with the entire Asana Partners team. Asana Partners knows that its most important asset is its people and we endeavor to create an exciting and fulfilling work experience that helps our team members develop a highly accomplished skill set and progress along an accelerated career path.
For additional information about Asana Partners, visit www.asanapartners.com.
- Review and post tenant cash receipts daily
- Participate in the weekly and month end bank reconciliation process
- Prepare and distribute tenant statements
- Assist with ensuring tenant sales are collected and put into Yardi in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide acquisition and transaction support for the Accounting Associates, including the onboarding of new properties into the Yardi system
- Assist in the validation of the budget, forecast and underwriting data in Yardi
- Assist in departmental projects that deploy updated processes and technology to create efficiencies and automate manual tasks
- Assist with special projects or tasks to support the overall company’s goals
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and capable of effective independent judgment
- Acute attention to detail and passion for quality
- Strong organizational and process skills to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to meet and manage critical deadlines and to work independently
- Excellence in Excel
- Working knowledge of Yardi is preferred
- Interested in process improvement and documentation
2+ years of relevant experience
Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC
Asana Partners is an equal opportunity employer.