Technical Literature Researcher
Community | Boston metro/ no location | Part Time and Contract
Posting Title: Technical Literature Researcher
REMOTE, PART-TIME; NOT LOCATION SPECIFIC
About Article One Partners (AOP)
Article One Partners (AOP) was founded in 2008 and has revolutionized the way patents are searched by uniquely leveraging a crowdsourcing model. Today, AOP is the world’s largest patent research community, broadcasting its studies to over 42,000 highly educated and qualified researchers, distributing more than $7.8 million in rewards to researchers for their work on over 5,600 client searches. Of the 2017 new registrants, 31% of those submitting responses were paid more than $41,000. AOP specializes in identifying non-textual and non-patent literature, finding prior art references and evidence of use that others simply do not have the resources to find. AOP is a partner to 17 Fortune 100 companies, 74 Forbes Global 2000 and 7 of the top 10 US patent filers.
AOP is a diverse community of students, professionals, freelance technology experts and other individuals who are generally interested in research and technology. Your unique background and experience will allow you to be a vital member of the Article One community.
Article One Partners (AOP), is seeking success-based Technical Literature Researchers to support our growing inventory of technical and research studies.
- Get rewarded for the quality of your research. Earn compensation for finding key technical literature related to selected patents and technology areas.
- Work at your convenience. Choose your projects, and conduct your research at your own time.
- Use your expertise, and explore new technology areas. Join a global community of researchers who enjoy the challenge and reward of using their investigatory and analytical skills to increase patent quality and resolve litigation activities.
- Specifically, if your background is in communications (connected car) or electrical engineering, we’ve got some public studies available right now!
What is Technical Literature Research?
Technical literature research involves searching for and analyzing documents that provide information related to a particular subject area, technology, product, etc. Technical literature includes everything from issued patents to white papers to product manuals and can come from all parts of the world; we may even request physical products themselves. Your goal as a Technical Literature Researcher is to use industry / market knowledge, literature databases, web searching capabilities, and/or technical experience to help uncover literature that is related to a specific Study that is posted on the AOP community website.
Who Should Apply
We encourage anyone who has an interest in technical literature research, or even the hunt of simply “finding things”, to join our community. This opportunity is a perfect fit for:
• Those looking to leverage their education and/or work experience to earn additional money;
• Those interested in putting their technical or research skills to use on their own schedule;
• Those with a high level of intellectual curiosity and a desire to solve technical challenges;
- Strong research skills (Boolean searching, advanced Google searchers, access to technical databases)
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and follow a detailed list of search requirements
- High level of initiative
- Receptive to feedback and guidance from study organizers
- Tenacious and determined; you will be contributing alongside many talented researchers
Still unsure as to how to find Technical Literature? Don't worry, we will provide access to training which will help establish key Researcher skills and get you started with this exciting opportunity.
Please visit https://app.articleonepartners.com/ulogin/register?ref=jobscore1 to obtain more information about our company and to register as a Researcher.