Client Services | Chicago, IL | Full Time
FULL-TIME SALARY POSITION
Job Title: Study Manager
Reports To: Director - Client Services
Position Summary: The position is the liaison between the Article One Partners research community and our clients. Candidates must be well versed in patents, comfortable managing client meetings, expectations and deliverables, and acting as a technical resource representing the work product for the study.
Previous patent-related work: The ideal candidate must have strong technical background in life science, biotechnology, medicine or biochemistry.
- We prefer candidates who have worked as a US patent attorney or agent AND have worked as a US patent examiner.
- The ideal candidate must have previously done some patent prosecution-related work including preparing patent applications, responding to office actions, analyzing patents and patent applications for patentability, invalidity, evidence-of-use, etc., and conducting prior art research.
- We prefer candidates with familiarity with the America Invents Act.
- We prefer candidates with prior work experience relating to third-party pre-issuance submissions and/or post-grant or inter-party reviews.
- Preference for candidates with advanced degrees in relevant technical areas: Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine or Biochemistry.
- Project Management: The ideal candidate must have prior (3-5 years) project management work experience managing multiple projects and engaging with various teams at the same time.
- Client Services and Consulting: The ideal candidate must have prior experience working directly with clients, pioneering new relationships and offering solutions to address the clients’ current business needs. The candidate must have prior experience building relationships with clients. This person will have deep understanding of our capabilities and our technology platform with the objective of leveraging this knowledge to build solutions/relationships with our clients.
- The ideal candidate must be able to review various patent and other technical/scientific literature relating to various subject matters, including, but not limited to life sciences, biotechnology, medicine or biochemistry.
- The ideal candidate must have strong oral presentation and technical writing skills.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work productively and efficiently with other team members including other study managers and researchers assigned to work on a specific project.
- The ideal candidate must be able to promptly and regularly prepare or review drafts of written reports, research instructions, and summary and recommendations at the conclusion of each project with the assistance of other study managers.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine or Biochemistry or other related fields.
- Advanced degrees preferred
Remote / Telecommute