Acquisitions | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Artemis Real Estate Partners is a real estate investment management company headquartered in Washington D.C. with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta. Artemis was established in 2009 and has since raised $2.5 billion of equity to invest exclusively in U.S. real estate. The company’s two primary business lines are: (i) a series of commingled real estate private equity funds (core+, value-add, and opportunistic); and (ii) a series of separate accounts. Artemis has made over 150 investments since inception, directly or with joint venture partners, across the capital stack, in multifamily, office, industrial, retail, hospitality, senior housing and self-storage.
Artemis is seeking a highly proactive, detail-oriented individual to support the company’s acquisitions, asset management, and capital raising efforts as a Senior Analyst in our Los Angeles office.
Role and Responsibilities:
The individual’s primary responsibilities will be to collaborate with senior management to source, underwrite, and manage new real estate investments, primarily located in the major markets on the West Coast. The Senior Analyst will also assist in other areas of the company as necessary. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Support development and execution of the company’s investment strategies.
- Oversee the due diligence/underwriting process on potential new investments.
- Prepare Investment Committee memorandums describing potential new investments and participate in the presentations to the Investment Committee.
- Develop and maintain financial models.
- Prepare financial analyses of various investment decisions, such as leasing, financing, and buy/sell decisions.
- Prepare and effectively analyze market data/research.
- Support the execution of business plans for new investments.
- Review property reports and track operating performance relative to pro forma, forecasts, asset strategies, and investment targets. Prepare summaries and present results.
- Review financials for factual accuracy and consistency.
- Assist with capital raising presentations and other investor relations requests.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, real estate or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related real estate, preferably at a principal real estate firm, real estate brokerage, or real estate investment bank.
- Advanced financial modeling experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
- Outstanding organizational skills, and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of financial analysis, modeling and valuation and ability to use financial and valuation software including Excel and Argus.
- Understanding of real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses, property types.
- Understanding of finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow, capital markets.
- Ability to perform market research, which will include frequent travel.
- Ability to make presentations to senior management, investment committee or clients, when necessary.
- Highly developed sense of responsibility and initiative.
Compensation and Benefits:
Artemis offers a market-competitive and performance-driven compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.artemisrep.com.
Artemis Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.