Receptionist and Office Assistant
Administration | Chevy Chase, MD | Full Time
The primary role of the Receptionist and Office Assistant is to provide effective receptionist and office operations support alongside a dynamic administrative team. Secondary responsibilities include providing light backup administrative support to Firm leaders in our Chevy Chase, MD headquarters as necessary.
The successful candidate will be energized by working alongside a group of driven, collaborative, and diverse colleagues across multiple offices and time zones using various means of communication. The ideal candidate is a strong team player with a proactive approach and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Office Operations Support for the Chevy Chase, MD Headquarters
- Oversee all front office activities (i.e. the reception area)
- Maintain the two break room areas (stock snacks/drinks, office supplies, etc.)
- Coordinate the support vendors/suppliers: pantry, beverages, building manager/engineers, IT, copier technicians, etc.
- Perform other administrative duties such as printing, photocopying, and scanning as necessary
- Manage the inventory of supplies and equipment
- Liaise with the building landlord
- Perform other office administration tasks as necessary (i.e., update calendars, schedule meetings, and arrange travel and accommodations as a backup resource)
- Coordinate with counterparts in the Los Angeles, New York City, and Atlanta offices to attend meetings and conferences with Chevy Chase, MD team
- Assist in office and workstation moves
- Perform all other related duties as required
- Event Coordination Support for the Annual Investor Conference and Other Firm Events
- Provide support to our onsite Corporate Events Manager
- Create name tags, tent cards, place cards, and note cards for all attendees
- Maintain check-in table
- Assist with annual Firm events, including the Halloween Party, the Gingerbread House Party, and the Summer Outing for employees and their families
- Holiday card mailing
- Work with team members on special and recurring projects, including the generation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for internal and external distribution
- Provide support to other designated team members as requested
- Complete additional tasks and special projects as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced experience using the Microsoft Office suite for a wide range of purposes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment by multitasking, balancing priorities, meeting deadlines, anticipating issues/problems, and performing with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Consistent work ethic and a dedication to following tasks through to completion
- Flexibility and adaptability to various changing working conditions based on priorities, with a willingness and ability to work extended hours as requested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus potential
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
Artemis Real Estate Partners was co-founded by Deborah Harmon and Penny Pritzker in 2009. Our offices are located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, Atlanta, New York, and Los Angeles. Artemis is a real estate investment management firm that seeks to invest with best-in-class local operating partners, both established and emerging, in U.S. commercial real estate including multifamily, office, industrial, retail, hotel, medical office and senior housing, and across opportunistic, value add, and enhanced core strategies. Artemis has raised more than $3.3 billion of investor capital across three commingled value-add/opportunistic fund vehicles, one commingled core plus healthcare real estate fund, and a series of emerging manager separate accounts.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.artemisrep.com.
It is the policy of Artemis Real Estate Partners to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Artemis Real Estate Partners will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.