Capital Raising and Investor Relations Associate
Capital Raising and Investor Relations | Chevy Chase, MD | Full Time
Artemis Real Estate Partners is a best-in-class real estate investment management firm with offices in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, New York City, and Los Angeles. We are seeking an Associate to support our Capital Raising/Investor Relations and Emerging Manager groups. The position involves coordinating with various stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones. It is an excellent opportunity to contribute directly to the continued success of our firm.
The $1.2 billion Emerging Manager Investment Platform provides capital to emerging and diverse real estate firms. The Capital Raising team is responsible for all marketing and fund raising activities for the firm. These two groups will seek to leverage the selected candidate’s organizational, database management, client service, and communication skills. Primary responsibilities include project management and providing essential support to current and prospective investors as well as internally within the department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Act as the business owner of the Investor Relations email account to ensure requests are promptly and accurately addressed with the support of the appropriate internal teams.
- Facilitate and coordinate portfolio review meetings/calls, as necessary and appropriate in partnership with the Capital Raising/Investor Relations and Emerging Manager Program leadership
- Support fundraising activities including the preparation of marketing materials, offering memorandums, competitor information, prospect pipelines, and maintaining a working knowledge of relevant fund governing documents.
- Create marketing materials, including investor pitch books and marketing campaigns/teasers.
- Research and develop key “talking points” to accompany investor pitch books and marketing materials.
- Perform research on investor prospects.
- Keep meeting notes during investor calls and coordinate all follow-up materials for distribution to investors following each meeting/call.
- Prepare and/or review and approve Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
- Assist in development of Private Placement Memorandum.
- Work closely with legal team and investors through the fund closing process.
- Help coordinate and drive content for annual investor conference, biennial emerging manager symposium, and other LP/partner events.
- Generate fund investor trackers for designated funds, separate accounts, co-investments, or joint ventures.
- Produce team related materials and newsletters.
- Manage investor portal and firm website
- Work closely with the acquisitions, asset management, and accounting departments to prepare quarterly investor reports and respond to inbound investor inquiries.
- Source and analyze industry research related to fundraising or supporting data related to fundraising strategies and rationale.
- Support Compliance objectives by liaising with the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Complete additional tasks and special projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in real estate, investment management, consulting, or investment banking.
- Experience in investor relations at an alternative investment firm or an alternative investment placement firm is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (including Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar client relationship management (CRM) tool preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (candidates should expect a test).
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively maintain databases, keep accurate project to-do lists, and follow up with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to manage across time zones in order to retrieve and disseminate information, plan meetings and calls, and assist with contacting investors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in anticipating requests/needs and meeting set deadlines.
- Self-driven, with an ability to work well under pressure and manage shifting priorities.
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion, and the ability to perform work autonomously with little direct supervision.
- Detail oriented (candidates should expect a test).
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work extended hours as requested.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus potential
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
Artemis Real Estate Partners was co-founded by Deborah Harmon and Penny Pritzker in 2009 and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Artemis is a real estate investment management firm that seeks to invest with best-in-class local operating partners, both established and emerging, in U.S. commercial real estate including multifamily, office, industrial, retail, hotel, medical office and senior housing, and across opportunistic, value add, and enhanced core strategies. Artemis has raised more than $3.3 billion of investor capital across three commingled value-add/opportunistic fund vehicles, one commingled core plus healthcare real estate fund, and a series of emerging manager separate accounts.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.artemisrep.com.
Artemis Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.