Vice President of Finance
Operations | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We are a company with a purpose: to design and create a world we all want to live in. As our VP of Finance, you’ll join our executive team and be responsible for leading the development of finance and accounting systems and processes for our growing organization and providing thought leadership around understanding business drivers and their impact.
As the VP of Finance, you will work directly with our General Manager and CEO and lead all finance, accounting, tax, strategic planning, and discipline focused administrative activities, including mentoring and developing our finance and accounting team. You will oversee annual budgeting and planning, keep senior leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status, and identify and execute actions that drive growth and help us achieve our long term financial goals.
We are looking for a professional that is analytical, finds motivation in managing multiple priorities, digging into details, and being part of a high functioning team. If you like to work with numbers and people and consider yourself to be flexible, open minded, and meticulous, then we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Join and partner with the executive leadership team to identify and execute actions, drive growth, and help the company achieve its long term financial goals
- Lead core financial processes including long range planning, cash flow forecasting, annual budgets, monthly/quarterly forecasts and reporting, and close.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Partner with the Executive team to develop Artefact’s long term strategic plan
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place that support growth in a rapidly changing environment
- Develop key metric and insight reports that provide senior leadership with insights regarding financial issues that might affect operations and growth
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve planning and reporting processes.
- Prepare and monitor the company’s long range strategic planning models
- Model the highest ethical standards and Artefact’s behaviors at all times as a leader in the organization
- Responsible for reviewing all contractual agreements with the goal of mitigating the company’s financial and legal risk exposure
- Responsible for negotiating terms and conditions with suppliers, vendors, and customers
- Responsible for managing partner operational relationships, including contract negotiations and fulfilment
- Responsible for being primary point of contact with our legal, banking, tax, and finance partners
- B.A./B.S. (MBA preferred) with 12-15+ years of finance and accounting experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Proven leader with experience growing, mentoring, and developing a team
- Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Experience in complex modeling (e.g., cash flow, headcount, etc.)
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, life-long learner
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.