Development | Seattle, WA | Full Time
At Artefact, we advocate outcomes-focused thinking and value excellence in both thought and execution. As our company has grown to include external development partners, we’ve identified a need to provide technical leadership, inform business development on projects with a technical/development component, and create and maintain strong relationships – that’s where you come in.
The Technical Director role can inform technical decisions for our clients: from application architecture to technical stack to API configuration. A considerable amount of the role is helping clients and a development team make infrastructure decisions that best solve problems and reduce risk. The technical director is equally comfortable explaining technical options (and tradeoffs) directly to clients and white boarding architecture options with specialized developers. The person we want knows web applications and iOS or Android applications.
The Technical Director advances Artefact’s leadership in software development – expanding our capabilities, developing our craft, and growing our people. If you are passionate about building strong relationships, working with cutting edge technologies and are eager to work at a place where you can personally make a difference, then we should connect.
Make an Impact
- Partner with client contacts to create a technical vision and plan through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support
- Attend client-facing meetings (and business development meetings) to provide counsel and recommendations to clients on feasibility, timelines, costs, and tradeoffs
- Work with designers and developers to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests and recommended approaches
- Identify technical dependencies and the impact they have on time, cost and complexity
- Rally our in-house development and creative tech staff – build community, sense of purpose, and our in-house development discipline
- Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- 8-12+ years of experience in a development, technical leadership, or related roles
- Computer science or related degree and/or at least one job role as a developer
- Experience with Angular, React, and/or other modern application platforms – passionate enough to understand current architecture / development trends even if you don’t do a lot of hands-on coding anymore
- Experience in emerging tech apps is considered a plus: virtual reality, augmented reality, digital agent communications, wearables, drone operation, near-field tech, AI, or any other nascent technical area
- Comfortable in a technical consulting role – both internally at Artefact and client-facing – accustomed to providing a point of view and rationale to support it with audiences of varying sophistication levels re: tech
- Experience in establishing technical credibility in business development situations
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.