Strategic Marketing Director
Marketing | Seattle, WA or Remote | Full Time
Artefact is a visionary design firm. We partner with leaders to help create better futures for people, business, and society. By collaborating on the toughest challenges with equal parts creativity and pragmatism we deliver impact that drives lasting change.
Better futures, by design.
HOW THIS ROLE CONTRIBUTES
The Strategic Marketing Director is the champion of the mission, working to ensure that it permeates every aspect of the Artefact story and connecting it to the evolving needs of our clients and partners. They work with others at all levels of the organization to translate Artefact’s business strategy into a comprehensive marketing program that continues to strengthen the company’s position as a leading design consultancy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In a role that is both strategic as well as hands-on, you have an opportunity to shape and craft all aspects of the Artefact story. You will:
- Work with Artefact’s leadership team to lead a brand strategy evolution that aligns with the organizational/business strategy in order to elevate Artefact’s value, capabilities, POV, and stories in a way that resonates with target customers.
- Develop, own, and execute an end-to-end marketing strategy and annual marketing plan that consistently generates quality leads & attracts new business.
- Define messaging & POVs
- Work with individuals and teams on thought leadership and custom experiences that draw out and bring the Artefact story to life in creative ways.
- Develop, manage, and execute strategic marketing campaigns and initiatives that address customer at multiple stages of the journey, including but not limited to:
- Content marketing and editorial calendar such as case studies, blogs and op-eds across earned and owned channels collaborating closely with design leadership to strategize, write, and edit content.
- Manage PR agency. Drive PR and media strategy that fosters awareness and interest.
- Direct marketing initiatives such as newsletter, creation of tools, and more.
- Digital and in-person events such as events, conferences & community forums across earned, owned and paid opportunities.
- Social media presence across all channels
- Manage and optimize the Artefact website to improve clarity, experience and conversions
- Monitor, measure, and optimize performance of all marketing channels
- Collaborate with and support teams across the business including but not limited to business development, recruiting, and people operations
- You think big but also enjoy get your hands dirty
- You have a point of view, strive to deliver world class thinking and execution, and inspire others to do the same.
- You are a champion for diversity and inclusion; proactively seeking out diverse perspectives, talents, and embracing of different styles of contribution
- You have a growth mindset; striving to improve despite challenges
- You embrace complexity and thrive on driving and balancing multiple initiatives and priorities
- Strong editorial eye and skills are essential
- A voracious learner, you are interested and informed about the latest industry trends
- You have a passion for innovation and design
- You consider business development an integrated part of marketing
- 8-10 years of growing responsibilities in design and/or a design-adjacent field of marketing and communications.
- Experience developing compelling stories that resonate with clients and media.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and proven record of successful prioritization in a fast paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have both agency and in-house experience.
- Generous PTO & Parental leave
- Emergency childcare benefits
- Flexible work; location, hours & work/life balance support
- Comprehensive family medical, dental and vision coverage
- Education, well-being & WFH stipends
- Seriously great co-workers
AN INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATION
As an organization whose mission is to help create a more equitable world, Artefact is committed to creating a diverse team and being an inclusive workplace. As such we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. It is our promise that all candidates receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
WORK FROM WHERE YOU WORK BEST
If nothing else, Covid has revealed the amazing adaptability of our teams to work remotely while retaining a strong sense of collaboration. Post Covid, Artefact will continue in a hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and work-from-home in various mixes. So though in-person work or travel may be needed from time to time given client needs, relocating to Seattle is not a requirement for this position.