Senior Visual Designer
Design | Seattle, WA or Remote | Full Time
Artefact is a visionary design firm. We partner with leaders to help create better futures for people, business, and society. By collaborating on the toughest challenges with equal parts creativity and pragmatism we deliver impact that drives lasting change.
Better futures, by design.
HOW THIS ROLE CONTRIBUTES
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will work alongside a committed group of innovation professionals to help define how form, composition, color and typography contribute, and in some cases, take the lead in creating world class brand, product, or service visions and experiences.
You are a professional who finds motivation in communicating through beauty, hierarchy, clarity, and systems. You exercise your impeccable taste, understanding of brand strategy and systems, and your eye for detail to create pin-worthy digital experiences. You are a catalyst for visual innovation. You know how to establish a variety of visual styles and see them through to the last detail, while always keeping the right people in the loop.
This is an opportunity to apply your Visual Design skills to some of the most forward-thinking design challenges in the innovation space today. If you like to influence and implement emerging design trends and inspire curiosity and engagement through visual communication, then we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
DO GREAT DESIGN WORK
- Develop a variety of compelling visual styles that support a brand, product, or communication strategy
- Establish comprehensive visual systems that work for digital products and beyond
- Oversee the implementation of the visual system on your project team to ensure consistent quality
- Create visuals which bring product and service visions to life, on screen and beyond, in a compelling manner, such as through illustrations or storyboards
- Demonstrate passion for dotting the i’s and cross the t’s in all of your work
- Effectively convey the process and value of visual design to your internal teams and clients
- Bring your work to life through prototyping and motion (Nice to have)
- At least 5 years of hands-on visual design experience, preferably designing UI for digital products, digital and print marketing collateral, brand design, and information graphics.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- A visually compelling online portfolio
- Bonus skills include 3D design, data visualization, infographics, Motion Design, illustration, storyboarding, and Prototyping
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
- Generous PTO & Parental leave
- Emergency childcare benefits
- Flexible work; location, hours & work/life balance support
- Comprehensive family medical, dental and vision coverage
- Education, well-being & WFH stipends
- Seriously great co-workers
AN INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATION
As an organization whose mission is to help create a more equitable world, Artefact is committed to creating a diverse team and being an inclusive workplace. As such we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. It is our promise that all candidates receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
WORK FROM WHERE YOU WORK BEST
If nothing else, Covid has revealed the amazing adaptability of our teams to work remotely while retaining a strong sense of collaboration. Post Covid, Artefact will continue in a hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and work-from-home in various mixes. So though in-person work or travel may be needed from time to time given client needs, relocating to Seattle is not a requirement for this position.