Senior Visual Designer
Design | Seattle, WA | Full Time and Temporary
At Artefact, design is our mindset and methodology for building a more equitable and sustainable world. As a design and strategy firm that specializes in human centered design, our teams help transform our client’s toughest challenges into product and systems solutions that not only help them face the future – it redefines it for the better.
Our Visual Design team ensures that we offer fresh perspectives, and the highest level of craft. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will work alongside a committed group of innovation professionals (UX, Research, Strategy + Technology) to help define how form, composition, color and typography contribute, and in some cases, take the lead in creating world class brand, product and service experiences.
We are looking for someone that values excellence in thinking and craft. Someone that believes design should both solve problems, and inspire. This person finds motivation in communicating through beauty, hierarchy, clarity, and systems. They exercise impeccable taste, understanding of brand strategy and systems, and an eye for detail to create pin-worthy digital experiences. Our designers are a catalyst for visual innovation. They know how to establish a variety of visual styles and see them through to the last detail, while always keeping the right people in the loop.
This is an opportunity to apply your Visual Design skills to some of the most forward thinking design and strategy challenges in the innovation space today. If you like to influence and implement emerging design trends and inspire curiosity and engagement through visual communication, then we’d love to hear from you.
Make an Impact:
- Develop a variety of compelling visual styles that support a brand/product strategy
- Establish a comprehensive visual system that works for digital products and beyond
- Oversee the implementation of the visual system on your project team to ensure consistent quality
- Demonstrate passion for dotting the i’s and cross the t’s in all of your work
- Effectively convey the process and value of visual design to your internal teams and clients
- Bring your work to life through prototyping and motion (Nice to have)
- 5+ years of hands-on visual design experience, preferably designing UI elements and experiences for digital products, brand design, and data visualization.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- A visually compelling online portfolio
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
We are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a strategy + design firm. We help organizations address complex challenges, create new forms of value, and shape responsible futures. Together, we make new products, services, tools, and systems that use technology to do good.