Senior UX/UI Designer
Design | Seattle, WA or Remote | Full Time
Who we are
Artefact is a visionary design firm. We partner with leaders to help create better futures for people, business, and society. By collaborating on the toughest challenges with equal parts creativity and pragmatism we deliver impact that drives lasting change.
How this role contributes
As a UX/UI Designer at Artefact, you will work alongside a group of talented design and researcher consultants on a wide variety of projects across many areas including technology, healthcare, education, social impact and more. You work directly with clients and your team to help solve complex problems using strong UX and UI skills utilizing a full range of mediums, design tools, inspiration and insight.
What you will do
Do great design work: Your focus is hands-on, on the front lines doing the exceptional work that directly impacts our ability to deliver consistently high quality on each project mission
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to take on complex problem spaces
- Engag across all phases of a project including research, strategy and design, bringing
- your unique design perspective to all
- Contribute thoughtful and creative solutions to envision what might be
- Contribute a variety of UX/UI design solutions that address solutions in multiple ways
Learn to be a great consultant: Develop client empathy, active listening, engaging to understand clients' needs and perspectives and how to speak to your teams work to guide clients to success.
Engage in the community: Everyone at Artefact has a role in making it the best it can be, and it starts with getting involved. You will engage by participating; making new connections and getting exposure to new perspectives. Over time you will take a more active role in driving the community by facilitating inclusion and taking a more active role in initiatives that help make Artefact better.
Master your knowledge & skills: Opportunities for growing knowledge and skills are plentiful as you work on mastery of your craft and becoming a great consultant. Everyone's growth path is unique, however the common denominator to a successful journey is a learning mindset fueled by feedback, self reflection and the willingness to ask for help.
- You have a point of view, strive to deliver world class thinking and execution, and inspire others to do the same.
- You are a flexible and excited to contribute at any and all levels
- You are a strong communicator, confident presenter and compelling storyteller
- You are a champion for diversity and inclusion; proactively seeking out diverse perspectives, talents, and embracing different styles of contribution
- You have a growth mindset; striving to improve despite challenges
- You have a passion for Responsible Design
Digital UX/UI design experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience at a senior designer level
Design-related Bachelors or Masters degree preferred
A compelling portfolio demonstrating strategic, conceptual and visual proficiency
Client services experience is a plus
- Generous PTO & Parental leave
- Emergency childcare benefits
- Flexible work; location, hours & work/life balance support
- Comprehensive family medical, dental and vision coverage
- Education, well-being & WFH stipends
- Seriously great co-workers
An inclusive organization
As an organization whose mission is to help create a more equitable world, Artefact is committed to creating a diverse team and being an inclusive workplace. As such we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. It is our promise that all candidates receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Work from where you work best
If nothing else, Covid has revealed the amazing adaptability of our teams to work remotely while retaining a strong sense of collaboration. Post Covid, Artefact will continue in a hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and work-from-home in various mixes. So though in-person work or travel may be needed from time to time given client needs, relocating to Seattle is not a requirement for this position.