PR and Marketing Coordinator (3-6 month contract)
Marketing | Seattle, WA | Contract
Applicants should include a resume, cover letter, and links to writing samples
This is a 3-6 month contract
We are looking for 0-2 years exp (entry level)
Pay is $20/hr
Onsite, 40 hrs/week
The marketing and public relations team at Artefact works to shape the Artefact story, advance the Artefact brand and create strong relationships with clients, prospects, and influencers across media channels and vertical industries. We are looking for a marketing and public relations coordinator who can help us stay connected and informed, measure our impact and prepare and support the exciting initiatives ahead of us. This is a great opportunity if you are a motivated go-getter who can jump in and get creative in a fun, fast-paced company.
You will be responsible for maintaining our data base of marketing initiatives—from awards and conferences, to editorial calendars and media contacts. You would conduct research into exciting new technologies and the companies that make the technology space as exciting as it is. You would be analyzing data, extracting insights and working with the rest of us to stay on top of industry news and developments, as well as managing a large portion of our digital channels, including social media.
Our dream candidate is proactive and highly organized – an open communicator with a love for writing and a positive attitude. This is an onsite, 40 hour/week, 3-6 month contract position, with potential for an extension.
- Organize marketing and business development calendars, managing and tracking upcoming deadlines and communicating them to the team
- Create content for our digital marketing channels, including social media and blog posts.
- Research, compile and maintain databases of events, publication targets and influencers for industry verticals
- Conduct industry and competitive research to identify new opportunities and prospects for Artefact
- Research and analyze new tools and platforms to improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelors degree in public relations, marketing, business or a related field
- Writing samples (blog content, marketing and PR promotional or campaign materials, social media content or any other relevant portfolio materials).
- Interested in design and technology, curious to explore new fields and connect with people
- Proven ability to balance and self-lead multiple projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with digital marketing and social media
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Independent and self-driven
- Email marketing experience a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.