Lead Product Designer
Design | Seattle, WA | Full Time
At Artefact, our purpose is to harness design and technology to create a more equitable and sustainable world. As a Lead Product Designer, you will work alongside a committed group of innovation professionals to help define the strategy and experience for our clients’ digital products. This is a lead level role, meaning that in addition to working hands-on, you will manage the day to day of the project, including directing internal staff and serving as the primary design contact to the client. You should have enough experience to confidently shepherd and educate a client on the values of design.
Surrounded by a supportive and smart group of creative and business professionals, you will gain continued exposure to the most current design technologies and gain valuable experience working with research, strategy and engineering teams/methodologies.
If you love to drive conceptual, UX, and visual directions, understand how to execute at a high level of craft, and get excited about sharing the strategy behind your design with clients and colleagues alike, then we’d love to connect.
Make an Impact:
- Collaborate and oversee multi-disciplinary teams to define conceptual directions, user interaction and workflow models
- Develop high-quality visual approaches, then refine these into complete, functional design systems
- Establish new design systems or work within existing ones
- Work with user researchers to turn observational and other data into creative solutions
- Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible
- Build prototypes to demonstrate interactive behavior
- 5+ years of hands-on digital product design experience
- A compelling online portfolio demonstrating strategic, conceptual and visual expertise
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.