Freelance UX/Interaction Designers
Design | Seattle, WA | Full Time and Temporary
At Artefact, we are always interested in connecting with talented people. We may not have a specific role open today, but that might change tomorrow. If you are contemplating your next career move and are interested in Artefact OR if you are currently available and looking for freelance work then you are in the right place. Below is a shortened description of what we are usually looking for when we do start hiring for UX/Interaction/Service Designers. Apply to let us know you exist and we will keep you in mind as we continue to grow.
Artefact designers have a strong interest in all aspects of design and its impact on the world in which we live. We all share a passion for making digital experiences as simple and elegant as possible. As an Interaction Designer at Artefact, you will participate in world-class design programs and enjoy collaborating with other designers to solve complex interaction problems. You will work closely with researchers, customers, and client-side product teams to define new user experiences expressed through various levels of prototyped output. And like all Artefact designers, you will strive to deliver the highest quality of craft.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define user interaction and workflow models for product features
- Work with user researchers to turn observational and other data into creative solutions
- Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible
- Develop high quality visual assets, then refine these into complete, functional design systems
- Establish new visual design systems or work within existing ones
- Build prototypes to demonstrate interactive behavior
- Create user experience guidelines and UI specification documentation
- Develop navigational hierarchies and effectively visualize key concepts of site structure and user pathways
- Create storyboards and plan activity scenarios, flow, and sequences
- BA or MA in Interaction Design, Communication Design, Product Design, HCI, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in web, software, or product design
- An online design portfolio demonstrating strong creative skills, the ability to generate compelling ideas, and a thorough understanding of the design process
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highest level of proficiency with current design tools and software applications
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across a range of disciplines
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.