Design | Seattle, WA or Remote | Full Time
Who we are
Artefact is a visionary design firm. We partner with leaders to help create better futures for people, business, and society. By collaborating on the toughest challenges with equal parts creativity and pragmatism we deliver impact that drives lasting change.
How this role contributes
As a Design Director, your focus is on leadership; leading teams to guide projects to success, helping others grow their careers and contributing to initiatives that help Artefact and the community grow.
What you will do
Lead cross-disciplinary teams in the design process to deliver world class thinking and execution for a wide variety of products, services and systems that drive successful outcomes for our clients and society.
- Lead teams through all project phases from understanding, to envisioning to definition providing direction, guidance, support and contributing hands-on.
- Confidently guide clients to consider the right questions, approaches and solutions
- Help establish and drive to timelines and milestones with the support of senior leadership
- Drive team health; balancing quality, productivity, morale, and growth
Within projects and separately, as a coach, you will help others grow by creating opportunities for people to learn new skills, by teaching others and by creating an environment where new perspectives and a growth mindset can thrive.
Help grow the Organization & Community
As a leader in the midst of the organization you help make things happen at all levels; translating company strategy into action for others and helping inform company strategy by sharing new perspectives and ideas.
- You have a point of view, strive to deliver world class thinking and execution, and inspire others to do the same.
- You are a flexible and excited to contribute at any and all levels
- You are a strong communicator, confident presenter and compelling storyteller
- You are a champion for diversity and inclusion; proactively seeking out diverse perspectives, talents, and embracing different styles of contribution
- You have a growth mindset; striving to improve despite challenges
- You have a passion for Responsible Design
- Digital UX/UI design experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience at a senior designer level
- Design-related Bachelors or Masters degree preferred
- A compelling portfolio demonstrating strategic, conceptual and visual proficiency
- Client services experience is a plus
- Generous PTO & Parental leave
- Emergency childcare benefits
- Flexible work; location, hours & work/life balance support
- Comprehensive family medical, dental and vision coverage
- Education, well-being & WFH stipends
- Seriously great co-workers
An inclusive organization
As an organization whose mission is to help create a more equitable world, Artefact is committed to creating a diverse team and being an inclusive workplace. As such we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. It is our promise that all candidates receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Work from where you work best
If nothing else, Covid has revealed the amazing adaptability of our teams to work remotely while retaining a strong sense of collaboration. Post Covid, Artefact will continue in a hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and work-from-home in various mixes. So though in-person work or travel may be needed from time to time given client needs, relocating to Seattle is not a requirement for this position.