Business Development Manager
Operations | Seattle, WA | Full Time
At Artefact, we aim to inspire a more equitable and sustainable world through design, technology, and innovation. As our company has grown, we’ve identified a need to bring on a business development manager to represent our values and capabilities to perspective clients.
The Business Development Manager orchestrates all assets and information used to highlight our methods and offerings (e.g., written case studies, proposals and pitch decks) and successfully guides incoming opportunities from leads to closing. As a core part of the Artefact business development team, the manager will work with designers, strategists and account managers to develop thoughtful strategic proposals that become the foundation of successful client engagements and relationships. The manager will oversee our CRM system and be responsible for evolving the business development process and tools, to reflect the constantly changing needs of the business and our prospects. As the “go-to” person for the content that fuels new business conversations, the manager will work with account management and marketing to source, catalog and manage critical information and assets.
Often the first Artefact contact for incoming prospects, you are friendly, yet knowledgeable about design and innovation. You have deep empathy for clients’ needs and are able to translate that into conversations and proposals that successfully communicate Artefact’s value proposition. An excellent communicator and multi-tasker, you know how to engage and manage multiple stakeholders within Artefact while facilitating ongoing conversations that turn into long term partnerships.
Make an Impact:
- Research, identify, and qualify incoming, emerging and new leads
- Expertly represent Artefact’s value and capabilities in the context of big client challenges
- Guide proposal development from defining approach and strategy, to crafting materials, including capability presentations, proposals, case studies
- Identify emerging trends and client needs and work with marketing and Artefact leadership to inform new offerings, differentiated value propositions and processes
- Maintain CRM system and business development resource library
- 5+ years of experience in a business development role in a design or management consulting firm
- Bachelor or masters level degree in Business, Marketing, or other related area of study
- A proven track record developing and closing new business
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of design and innovation and the ability to speak the language of the discipline
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary project management skills
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.