Accounting & Finance Manager
Operations | Seattle, WA | Full Time
At Artefact, we harness design and technology to make the world a better place. Our team is evolving and as such, we are looking to hire an Accounting & Finance Manager to help run the day-to-day accounting activities of the company – that’s where you come in.
As the Accounting & Finance Manager, you will work directly with our team to keep the accounting and finance operations running smoothly. You will assist our VP of Finance in monitoring our financial performance and help collect and organize the insights and information we use to make sound business decisions.
We are looking for a professional that is analytical, finds motivation in managing multiple priorities, digging into details, and being part of a high functioning team. If you like to work with numbers and people and consider yourself to be flexible, fun, and meticulous (yes, those things can go together!), then we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Manage and forecast Cash Flow, review and prepare payments
- Administer financial and KPI dashboards and prepare financial analysis summaries
- Prepare and review accounting entries – Accounts Payable, Invoicing, and General Journal
- Develop financial models to facilitate decision making
- Ensure timely monthly, quarterly, and annual close
- Perform monthly analysis of accounts
- Prepare and communicate annual budget with decision makers and department leads
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly state and local tax filings
- Coordinate annual tax filings and supporting documentation
- Liaise with external tax, accounting, banking, and other professionals
- Maintain internal controls and accounting processes and procedures
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and projects
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or a related field
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Close attention to detail and a drive for excellence
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.