Senior Workflow Software Engineer
Professional Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Title: Senior Workflow Software Engineer
Department: Professional Services
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies like Intel, Mindbody, Comcast, and Honda depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The Aria Workflow team works within Professional Services to build custom SaaS services, dashboards, reports, rule sets and other controls that enhance and extend billing functionality for our customers. The Professional Services team is responsible for implementing Aria Solutions for our Enterprise customers. Professional Services purpose is to ensure successful implementations that maximize and sustain Aria adoption and Return on Investment (ROI), leading to higher customer satisfaction, renewal and referenceability.
Workflow software engineers use no-code workflow software and proprietary tools to create SaaS services, user interfaces, actionable reports, rulesets and dashboards in a fraction of the time needed for developing with code. Aria Workflow no-code tools have all the complexity and capabilities of a modern coding language, but are intuitive, supportable, and easily interpretable by human beings.
Our engineers work hand-in-hand with QA engineers, solution architects, implementation consultants and the customers themselves to build processes that are secure, reliable and performant. Workflow team members embody the best practices of customer-centric software development and regularly partner with other Aria teams, including professional services, customer care, quality assurance, product, operations, sales and marketing.
Workflow engineers at every level build trust and reliability on a foundation of computer science and professional software development principles, whether acquired academically, professionally or through direct experience.
We are looking for an experienced senior no-code software engineer who loves technology, remembers the details, and strives for excellence in all that they do. The person who will thrive in this role will be:
- A present and engaged team leader.
- A great listener, clear speaker, diligent note taker and thoughtful questioner.
- Focused on the mission and project goals.
- Adept at building mental models and imagining “what-if” scenarios.
- Conscious at all times of time management.
- Ready, willing, and able to take responsibility for customer satisfaction and success.
- Committed to software engineering best practices.
- Positive and encouraging.
- A big-picture thinker capable of arranging and rearranging elements for optimal results.
As a senior workflow software engineer, you will be the principal architect, developer and code-owner of custom billing-related software services for multiple complex projects. In collaboration with solution architects, implementation consultants and QA engineers, you will be responsible transforming functional requirements into enterprise-quality software that meets all success criteria and is fully documented and tested.
As a leader of junior team members, you will be responsible for ensuring that you and your peers’ designs, estimates, code and documentation meet all success criteria and exemplify Aria best practices. You will mentor junior members on best practices, estimate levels of effort from high-level designs, review others’ estimates, identify risks in high level designs produced by Solution Architects, support data migration and customer UAT efforts, and lead assigned strategic initiatives which improve our platform and our services practices.
- Maintain a strong level of billable utilization and focus on strategic deliverables.
- Own the functional success of large, highly complex workflow solutions.
- Mentor more junior developers to build their expert proficiency with the Decisions.com no-code platform, as well as the products and projects built on it.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, update and document workflow solutions, including writing customer support handoff documents and configuration guides when necessary.
- Maintain version-controlled code and follow all best practices for revision management and release control.
- Understand and question customer requirements, high level solution designs, and success criteria.
- Lead technical discussions with internal Aria teams and external partners.
- Review and correct estimates, risks and assumptions produced by other team members.
- Estimate, test, diagnose and optimize operational performance of workflow solutions.
- Review others’ code and suggest the correct optimizations for the given use cases.
- Support and enable best practices in workflow development, troubleshooting and support.
- Support and enforce expert proficiency in workflow support and troubleshooting best practices.
- Design and develop integrations with new very complex 3rd party integrated systems.
- Debug complex problems involving 3rd party integrated systems.
- Attend and contribute to company development meetings.
- Work on major bug fixes to others’ solutions.
- Respond to requests from the development team and support fellow team members.
- Submit timecards and regular status reports on time, all the time.
- Maintain online availability during standard business hours and promptly respond to messages off-hours as needed.
- Assist the workflow solutions manager.
- 4 years of experience and expert proficiency with the Decisions platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Full professional fluency (Level 4) of spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software development project to success.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior developers.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience building Software-as-a-Service as part of a team, including:
- REST Services and integrations.
- Logging and error handling.
- Code revision management.
- Testing and test case management.
- Gathering and managing requirements and success criteria.
- Resolving code conflicts.
- Documentation writing and upkeep.
- Self-managing development tasks.
- User interfaces, dashboards and reports.
- Threaded processing.
- Asynchronous processing and scheduled jobs.
- Communication layer troubleshooting
- Looking up hostnames and IP addresses.
- Checking application server resources.
- Creating and managing security certificates.
- Troubleshooting authentication errors.
- Professional experience using relational databases and operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment when implementing software designs.
- Demonstrated ability to write about complex ideas and situations in a clear, complete, unambiguous and well-organized fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to speak about complex ideas in a clear, complete, unambiguous and well-ordered fashion.
- Familiar with Agile, Waterflow and ITIL development frameworks.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming.
- Proficient in algorithm design and optimization.
- Expert proficiency in data structure design for maximum utility and optimal storage.
- Expert proficiency in SQL query construction and best practices.
- Experience reading/writing XML and JSON.
- Excellent investigative and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and planning skills.
- The capacity to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, as needed (typically less than 20%).
- 1 year of professional experience leading a Decisions workflow development team.
- 5 years of professional experience building Software-as-a-Service in the Decisions platform, or 5 years professional software engineering experience.
- Entrepreneurial or enterprise consultant experience.
- Experience in billing (i.e. financial systems, payment processors, tax engines, etc...).
- Experience handling sensitive data in a secure manner.
- Experience using encryption / decryption protocols (PGP, TSL).
- Experience developing mission-critical, high capacity, high availability SaaS applications for enterprise (thousands of service calls per second, millions of internal transactions per second).
- Experience integrating 3rd party software with SaaS services.
- Experience using messaging platforms, such as SQS, Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Experience building services hosted within Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems.
- Experience using and investigating issues related to Windows IIS.
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to SQL Server.
- Experience developing rules-based process automation.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation, self-direction and cultural addition. As a fast-growing company we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.