Senior Windows Engineer
Production Operations | Broomall, PA | Full Time
Title: Senior Windows Engineer
Department: Production Operations
Location: Broomall, PA
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
Aria’s Production Operations team consists of Systems, Application, and Database Administrators. The team works primarily out of Broomall, PA, with a NOC and remote team members working in India. This team operates in a 24x7x365 environment, supporting Aria production and development systems. All individuals must be available in the event of an issue related to our client facing environments.
This role will require senior-level SA experience, but will not include management of personnel, position reports to the Lead of Systems Engineering. Individual must be able to multi-task and work in a highly secure, regulated environment.
The Senior Windows Engineer is responsible for managing and maintain a business automation solution utilized by Aria’s clients. The solution is Windows IIS and Microsoft SQL solution. The individual will be the SME for our Windows environment, providing hands-on support and mentorship to other individuals. In addition, this position will be required provide operational support in case of an incident or disruptive event with the Aria application.
- Successful candidate will possess at least 5-8 years of systems engineering experience and be proficient in Windows system administration with a passionate focus on enabling a secure and highly resilient always available infrastructure;
- Strong knowledge of Powershell;
- Strong working knowledge of AWS and Azure along with their tools to further automate processes within the environment;
- Working knowledge of a managed Microsoft SQL environment with the ability to manage, support and maintain;
- Extensive experience with Office 365 and Microsoft online offerings. This includes Exchange and SharePoint;
- Understanding of establishing and documenting system configuration standards
- Experience deploying automatically scalable systems; i.e. Docker/Containers, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.;
- Understanding of integrating Windows with other platforms (e.g. AD for authentication with other services);
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies/tools;
- Good understanding of network technologies;
- Strong understanding of securing Windows environments;
- Working knowledge of application load balancing (preferably Netscaler);
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exposure to monitoring technologies such as Nagios & Splunk.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or comparable experience);
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix;
- Candidates with experience in environments that require continual security and compliance audits is desired;
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and Azure with a strong understanding for managed SQL, SQS, SNS, etc.;
- Understanding of Ansible and other management configuration tools.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do