Senior Technical Writer
Knowledge Services | Broomall, PA | Full Time
Title: Senior Technical Writer
Department: Knowledge Services
Location: Broomall, PA
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
Knowledge Services is a part of Aria’s Global Customer Care organization. The Knowledge Services team, located in Broomall, PA, is responsible for providing its customers (including Clients, Partners, and Internal Staff) with technical documentation, and training for our core billing platform, and suite of integrated products and offerings.
We are looking for an experienced, professional, and highly motivated Senior Technical Writer to join our team to support in the creation, and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation for our core billing platform and integrated suite of products and offerings. A successful candidate in this position has a strong technical background and can understand complex concepts and document them in a way that is easy for our customers to understand and follow. This candidate will have a significant influence on our documentation strategy going forward and will play a key role in making sure that our technical documentation is accurate, timely, and of high quality.
- Create and administer context-sensitive help, user guides and tutorials
- Research, write, maintain, and publish high-quality documentation and online content, and ensure material is accessible and available to customers
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development from product planning through product release
- Gather documentation requirements
- Interview subject matter experts
- Follow existing in-house and external style guides and help develop a plan for upgrading these style guides to meet evolving customer demands
- Maintain existing templates and help develop a plan to migrate these templates to the new presentation style guides
- Participate in strategic and tactical efforts to redesign/augment existing content to improve readability and usability of the information
- Provide recommendations for enhancing documentation based on industry best practices
- BA/BS degree
- A minimum of 5 years experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing
- A minimum of 5 years experience with writing technical customer-facing materials, including online content
- Strong understanding of software lifecycle management and development methodology
- Strong knowledge of diagramming and screen capture tools
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit within tight deadlines
- Basic HTML
- Content management platform experience (MindTouch, WordPress)
- Experience writing documentation for both developers and end users
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Video editing, encoding
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond