Senior Systems Engineer
Production Operations | Broomall, PA | Full Time
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Department: Production Operations
Location: Broomall, PA
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like VMWare, Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
Aria’s Production Operations team consists of Systems, Application, and Database Administrators. The team works primarily out of Broomall, PA, with a NOC and remote team members working in India. This team operates in a 24x7 environment, supporting Aria production and development systems. All SA’s and DBA’s participate in a rotating on-call schedule as appropriate.
This role will require senior-level SA experience, but will not include management of personnel; position reports to the Lead of Systems Engineering. Position will provide support to Development, QA, and our production environments. Role will be required to take on-call for one week out of a given month.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for automating and streamlining operational task utilizing our toolset to enhance processes. The individual will help to drive our adoption of a software driven automation build and standardization across all environments. Individual will be involved when issues arise with the production site and that will include off-hours and weekend efforts.
- Successful candidate will possess at least 6-9 years of systems engineering experience and be proficient in Linux system administration with a passionate focus on enabling a secure and highly resilient always available infrastructure through automation;
- Proficient working knowledge of Linux;
- Strong coding skills using Bash, Perl, Python, or Ruby;
- Experience with server automation tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef;
- Strong working knowledge of AWS and their tools to further automate processes within the environment;
- Skills within Azure and their tool set they offer;
- Strong understanding of code deployment automation tools;
- Experience deploying automatically scalable systems; i.e. Docker/Containers, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.;
- Knowledge and exposure to Zookeeper and Kafka;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies/tools;
- Exposure and understanding of DevOps and the role it plays in an organization;
- Good understanding of network technologies;
- Working knowledge of application load balancing (preferably Netscaler);
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Highly skilled in monitoring technologies such as Nagios & Splunk.
- On-call supporting a 24x7x365 environment;
- Candidates with experience in environments that require continual security and compliance audits is desired;
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, etc.);
- Strong skills within AWS or Azure;
- Exposure to security audits and mitigation of findings;
- Strong scripting skills;
- Strong team player and worked with offshore support teams.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters pleas