Senior Oracle Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Adobe, Philips, and Audi depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
This role will be a part of fun and exciting Development team in Engineering and will work with brilliant engineers located in Broomall, PA and San Francisco, CA. Our focus is on delivering innovative software products with best quality and having lots of fun while doing what we (so-called “geeks”) love to do with passion!
We're looking for a brilliant, strong, creative and motivated engineer who will thrive in a startup environment and can contribute, innovate and deliver industry-leading SaaS solution. This is a great opportunity with a lot of potentials and will play an important role in our growing development team.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and strive to succeed!
This position will report directly to the Development Manager and will be located in San Francisco, CA.
- Responsible for design, implementation and testing of our core product components
- Work in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications
- Work closely with other engineers, solution architects, QA and Operations teams to implement product enhancements and issue resolutions
- Design and build systems to increase performance and scalability of Aria's SaaS solution
- Think creatively and work independently and with others, as needed, to maximize efficiency and throughput
- Participate in technical discussions; come up with innovative ways to improve the product and process
- Troubleshoot issues with application, technologies and infrastructure
- Continuously improve technical knowledge to stay current.
- Deliver work with quality on time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of PL/SQL strong application development experience with Linux/Oracle Database
- 3+ years of experience with database (preferably Oracle) including data modeling and query tuning
- Experience in billing (i.e. financial systems, payment processors, tax engines, etc...)
- Experience with Database performance tuning
- Experience managing Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Bitbucket and/or Git
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience developing web applications
- Working experience in Java/Scala nice to have
- Capability to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- A positive attitude and superior work ethic
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.