Senior Engineer-Front End
Engineering | Broomall, PA | Full Time
Title: Senior Engineer-Front End
Location: Philadelphia Metro / Remote on EST Time Zone
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Adobe, Allstate, Comcast, Subaru, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
This role will be a part of fun and exciting Development team in Engineering and will work with brilliant engineers located around the U.S. with offices in Broomall, PA and San Francisco, CA. Our focus is on delivering innovative software products with best quality and having lots of fun while doing what we (so-called “geeks”) love to do with passion!
We're looking for a brilliant, strong, creative and motivated engineer who will thrive in a startup environment and can contribute, innovate and deliver industry-leading SaaS solution. This is a great opportunity with a lot of potentials and will play an important role in our growing development team.
You will be a key player in Aria’s engineering team. In this role you will work with the latest web technologies to build the services that power Aria's monetization platform, scaling to serve some of the largest enterprises in finance, technology and consumer services. You have expert front-end programming skills, an interest in building enterprise grade UIs, create clean web APIs, and love keeping abreast of and working with the latest technologies to build rock-solid services that scale. You possess a high level of technical creativity, problem solving ability, software process and lifecycle expertise, great communication skills. You are able to work independently but are a coveted and respected team member.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile environment and strive to succeed!
This position will report directly to the Director of Architecture, and candidates are expected to work hours that align with EST.
- Responsible for design, implementation and testing of the UI and APIs that support our core monetization platform
- Work in a team-oriented environment to develop complex SaaS applications
- Work closely with other engineers, solution architects, QA and Operations teams to implement enhancements and issue resolutions
- Design and build systems to increase performance and scalability of Aria's SaaS solution
- Think creatively and work independently and with others, as needed, to maximize efficiency and throughput
- Participate in technical discussions; come up with innovative ways to improve the product and process
- Troubleshoot issues with application, technologies and infrastructure
- Continuously improve technical knowledge to stay current
- Deliver work with quality on time
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent additional experience
- 3+ years of React JS programming experience along with test automation
- 7+ years of web development experience
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Team leadership skills
- Experience with scaling web applications
- Experience with PHP 7
- Advanced CSS knowledge
- Experience with a variety of web frameworks
- Knowledge of web-based security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them
- Experience with relational (e.g Oracle) databases.
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- Detailed understanding of web technologies, including web services and web application servers
- Capability to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- A positive attitude and superior work ethic
- Experience with PHP 5
- Experience with jQuery
- Experience with performance tuning web applications
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience in billing (i.e. financial systems, payment processors, tax engines, etc...)
- Experience managing Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Bitbucket and/or Git
- Experience with Agile development
- Understanding and hand-on experience implementing microservices
- Experience writing and tuning SQL
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.