Senior Engineer-Data Streaming
Engineering | Broomall, PA | Full Time
Title: Senior Engineer-Data Streaming
Location: Philadelphia Metro / SF Bay Area / Remote
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Adobe, Allstate, Comcast, Subaru, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
This role will be a part of fun and exciting Development team in Engineering and will work with brilliant engineers located around the U.S. with offices in Broomall, PA and San Francisco, CA.
We're looking for a smart, strong, creative, and motivated engineer with strong leadership skills, who will thrive in a startup environment and can contribute, innovate, and deliver industry-leading SaaS solution. This is a great opportunity with a lot of potentials and will play an important role in our growing development team.
You will be a key player in Aria’s data platform architecture and engineering team. In this role you will work with the latest distributed data systems to build the services that power Aria's monetization platform, scaling to serve some of the largest enterprises in finance, technology, and consumer services. You have expert OO programming skills, an interest in functional programming, create clean web APIs, and love keeping abreast of and working with the latest Big Data and NoSQL technologies to build rock-solid services that scale.
You possess a high level of technical creativity, problem solving ability, software process and lifecycle expertise, great communication skills. You are able to work independently but are a coveted and respected team member
Successful candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and strive to succeed! This position will report directly to the Development Manager.
- Responsible for leading design, implementation and testing of our data streaming and core data platform
- Strong team player - ability to work in distributed teams to develop complex SaaS applications, contribute to collaborative team success, treat team / product success as personal goal.
- Design and build systems to increase performance and scalability of Aria's SaaS solution
- Think creatively and work independently and ability to make decisions and with others, as needed, to maximize efficiency and throughput.
- Participate in technical discussions; come up with innovative ways to improve the product and process.
- Good analytical skills and readiness to perform alternatives analysis and to find the best possible option.
- Troubleshoot issues with application, technologies, and infrastructure
- Continuously improve technical knowledge to stay current.
- Deliver work with quality on time
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent additional experience.
- 5+ years of Scala programming experience along with test automation.
- 2+ years of relevant leadership experience, leading a team of several high-profile developers.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Scala and Kafka.
- Experience with leading technical discussing and presenting to peers, clients, and cross-functional audience.
- Experience with application design and technology prototyping.
- Experience with stream processing (e.g., Spark, akka stream)
- Experience with relational (e.g. Oracle) databases.
- 3+ years’ experience developing mission-critical applications, SaaS, or PaaS for enterprise
- Experience of software development & troubleshooting for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, docker).
- Detailed understanding of web technologies, including web services and web application servers
- Understanding and hands-on experience implementing microservices.
- Experience in billing (i.e. financial systems, payment processors, tax engines, etc...)
- Experience with Swagger
- Experience managing Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Bitbucket and/or Git
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience developing web applications
- Capability to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- A positive attitude and superior work ethic
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.