Senior Customer Support Engineer
Customer Support | Remote in Broomall, PA | Full Time
Title: Senior Customer Support Engineer
Department: Customer Success
Location: Philadelphia Metro or Remote
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The Customer Success team at Aria is responsible for building outstanding relationships with our customers to maximize and sustain their Aria adoption and return on investment (ROI), leading to high customer satisfaction, renewal and referenceability.
Reporting to a Lead Customer Support Engineer, you are responsible for functional, technical and application support of the Aria Subscription Billing software platform and the associated third-party integrations. Servicing our clients, business partners, and internal staff, you are responsible for researching and resolving application related issues, investigating functional inquiries, assisting in the design and validation of workflow sequences and addressing related trouble tickets with comprehensive, relevant solutions in a timely manner, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction, renewability and referenceability.
You are involved in the complete customer lifecycle, working closely with Implementation Service Managers, Customer Success Managers and Sales Engineers to provide technical and functional support for prospects and implementing clients, and providing high quality, comprehensive service to the production client base.
You also work closely with the Engineering Team and participates in sprint review, documentation review, program management planning and enhancement request delivery.
In addition, the Senior Customer Support Engineer/Application DBA is a department leader who assists in the development and mentoring of Customer Support Associate and Customer Support Engineer / Application DBA staff, contributes to the establishment and enforcement department policy and procedures and works with interdepartmental leaders to build and promote cross functional processes.
The position requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent customer service skills, demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to respond, research, and resolve customer issues/inquiries of moderate complexity, the ability to translate customer functional requests into system requirements and/or enhancement requests, familiarity with Agile Development and software release processes including code management basics and migration processes, familiarity with relational databases, knowledge of API processing, inputs, outputs and construction and experience with SQL queries and scripts. Experience with XML, Java Script and HTML, and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications is desired but not required.
- Research Level 1, 2 and 3 support issues via Aria UI
- Research Level 1, 2 and 3 support issues via Aria Database
- Track all issues in a standard tracking system such as Microsoft Dynamics, Jira
- Knowledge of API processing
- Familiarity with API tools such as SOAP UI, Postman
- Knowledge of SQL
- Provide first-level support for customer issues via phone calls, email, or ticketing system(s)
- Provide high quality customer service in a professional, service-oriented manner using skills in active listening and problem solving
- Serve as owner of client relationships, building and maintaining strong partnerships with diverse clientele of varying skill levels
- Respond to customers in a timely manner, with the appropriate level of priority within the stated SLA
- Create and manage accurate tickets based on customer requests and data
- Document server-side issues using ticketing software such as Jira
- Distinguish between server-side and client-side issues, assist clients to resolve client-side problems and document server-side issues using ticketing software
- Troubleshoot issues, execute course of action, test/document solutions, escalate where/as needed, and keep client updated throughout issue lifecycle
- Work directly with clients to develop and implement new functionality
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 7 or more years of experience in a customer support role
- Proven customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- CS or IS degree or equivalent combination of experience and/or formal learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully working independently or in a team
- Highly adaptable to a changing environment
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.