Sales Engineer/Sr. Sales Engineer
Sales | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Title: Sales Engineer/Sr. Sales Engineer
Location: US – Remote (San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, Portland or Seattle)
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Adobe, Allstate, Comcast, Subaru, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
Sales Engineers play an integral role in the overall success of the company. They are focused on supporting Sales Directors convert prospect to clients and advancing company goals. You will join other SE’s as part of the global presales team at Aria Systems.
The Sales Engineer/Sr. Sales Engineer will report to the Sr. Director of Sales Engineering and, will be able to be remote in the U.S. on the West Coast near a major international airport. This role will support Sales Directors, Business Development and Marketing in a region, to actively engage with our prospects and help them to increase customer satisfaction, retention and lifetime value by leveraging Aria’s industry leading SaaS Recurring Revenue platform. The ideal candidate will require a balance of technical and sales aptitude including the ability to be the primary technical contact during sales engagements, assess business and technical fit of our products, and recommend solutions to clients.
- Provide direct sales support on Aria Systems platform by conducting discovery sessions, customizing product presentations, present solution designs, give best practice recommendations and business and technical support for prospective clients
- Clearly articulate the benefits and differentiators of the platform to cross functional teams including product, technology, finance, and executives
- Prepare RFx responses in a timely and effective manner
- Contribute to various projects to create and enhance sales tools, platform and technical collateral, in support of the broader team
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and process training and/or certification to acquire and maintain knowledge to be effective in the position
- 4+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer providing sales support for an enterprise solution in complex and competitive sales cycles
- Proficient understanding of web application, database, and integration technologies, specifically APIs, SDKs, and business rules engines
- Demonstrated success in value-based or solution selling; including experience designing and delivering Proof of Concepts
- Ability to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Excellent verbal and written technical and interpersonal communications skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 40% throughout sales territory (when safe to do so based on government recommendations)
- Prior experience in billing or rating and mediation businesses or applications
- Ability to translate complex technical information into simplified concepts to reach the widest audience
- Prior experience with telecommunications billing, Revenue Recognition solutions or ERP (finance or billing) technologies
- Experience in the sale and delivery of cloud SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS solutions
- Organized and analytical with ability to eliminate technical and business obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Highly motivated, team player who is also a self-starter and is committed to achieving results
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not r