Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Title: QA Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The Engineering team is based out of Philadelphia and San Francisco. We also work with an offshore QA team to complement our QA requirements. This role will be a part of fun and exciting Development team in Engineering and will work with brilliant engineers located in Broomall, PA and San Francisco, CA. Our focus is on delivering innovative software products with best quality and having lots of fun while doing what we love to do with passion.
You will join our established Engineering team in San Francisco as our first San Francisco-based QA Engineer, working alongside software engineers and QA contractors. We are seeking an experienced, creative, individual who is highly technical and has the ability to work in a fast paced and often chaotic environment. QA Engineer plays a key role in a fast-paced environment to facilitate quality and efficient product development via test automation.
The candidate must be experienced with the open source technology and tools for test automation. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that builds highly interactive business applications that is used by many fortune 500 companies.
- Provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs as part of Scrum team.
- Design, implement, and support performance testing systems and strategies.
- Analyze/decipher performance testing issues
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies and work collaboratively with the Scrum team.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Expected to research and develop tools with the goal of increasing automation development quality and productivity
- Responsible for ensuring that defined architectural and development standards are followed by all members of the automation team
- Proficient at decomposing requirements and developing test automation for projects of simple to high complexity
- Practices automation development efficiency, maintainability and reusability
- Understands software quality best practices, test strategy and planning, test case development, test case execution, test data, defect tracking, and test automation; actively participates in process improvements
- Recognizes issues (e.g. with requirements, design, implementation, etc.) and works with appropriate resources to address and resolve
- Seeks and understand big picture/business cases behind individual requirements
- Test Complex Cloud Infrastructure and platform products
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Minimum 5+ years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in enterprise and large-scale internet-facing software quality
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in testing Web Services/APIs (SOAP and REST protocols)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Performance/Load testing preferably in JMeter.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an Agile development environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with the following:
- Open source and with the open source community
- API automation
- Database verification
- Coding for automation, without reliance on record and playback scripting
- High-volume, highly scalable applications.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Selenium/Cucumber based automation frameworks
- Proficient with JMeter
- Working knowledge in Agile/Scrum.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup, we expect all our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond