Implementation Solution Architect
Professional Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Title: Implementation Solution Architect
Department: Professional Services
Location: San Francisco, CA
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The Professional Services team is responsible for implementing Aria Solutions for our Enterprise customers. Professional Services purpose is to ensure successful implementations that maximize and sustain Aria Adoption and Return on Investment (ROI), leading to higher customer satisfaction, renewal and referenceability.
Aria Systems is seeking an exceptional person for the position of Solution Architect.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the overall design and solution architecture of large and small-scale Aria implementations. They are a strategic thinker and team player, comfortable working at a fast pace. The right candidate will have considerable experience with enterprise software applications, excellent knowledge of technical concepts, and knowledge of subscription billing and management solutions.
The Solution Architect is a key member of the Professional Services team responsible for the design and architecture of the Aria application at client sites. The position requires strong consulting skills; effective communication skills, both verbal and written; knowledge of programming languages, database technologies, and implementation methodologies; and a passion for problem solving. Billing domain expertise is a plus. The Solution Architect plays an active role in the pre-sales cycle, working with Sales Engineering to clearly articulate the technology and architecture of the Aria product. They play a lead role during the implementation identifying and documenting client business requirements, mapping and configuring the Aria solution to meet the requirements, and providing guidance to the client to achieve a successful implementation.
The Solution Architect must be able to understand and evaluate the client’s enterprise systems architecture, and determine how Aria will fit into it. They must identify potential issues and risks early in an implementation to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. A solid candidate will have an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
- Perform business and technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and platform analysis
- Generate convincing and substantiated technology and architecture recommendations
- Serve as the primary day-to-day technical contact for clients, third-party vendors, technology partners and internal project stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Product Management and Engineering teams to develop estimates and overall implementation solution plans
- Serve as the lead for all implementation and integration efforts
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Define and document tools and technologies used to implement Aria
- Perform problem analysis (identify root causes, outline resolution options, and take appropriate actions to resolve problems)
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Solution Architect
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Computer Science degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages (Java, PHP, Perl, SQL)
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations and enterprise design patterns
- Be familiar with each of the various UML forms and have expertise in the development of use cases and class diagrams, and occasionally state diagrams as well
- Extensive experience working with enterprise level systems and cloud ecommerce platforms
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility of the Aria solution
- Able to mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to be successful in cross-functional teams
- Able to travel as needed (typically less than 25%)
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. We expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.