Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Walmart, Allstate, Comcast, Philips, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The finance team at Aria is a lean group of hard workers that manages all the accounting, reporting, and analysis for the company. Our goal is to support the other functional areas – sales & marketing, product development, customer success, professional services, and operations – such that they can better support our customers. A new CFO recently took the helm and is looking to grow a top-notch team of players to help drive the company’s growth.
This role will report to the CFO and own all accounting, billing, collections, payables, etc. This is a roll-up-the-sleeves and build-something-from-the-ground-up type of opportunity for an ambitious go-getter with the right mix of accounting expertise and leadership chops. There is flexibility for the position to be based in our SF office, our PA office, or to be remote.
- Lead the accounting team to perform all monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Perform hands-on accounting including preparing and posting journal entries and performing account reconciliations, as needed.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness with all billing, collections, and payments.
- Implement and maintain accounting and control systems that reflect industry best-practices and comply with GAAP.
- Facilitate and manage tax and business compliance activities (local, state and federal).
- Implement ASC 606 and be the in-house expert on all accounting issues.
- Own financial audits by external auditors.
- 10+ years of experience with a combination of public accounting and operational accounting experience.
- Proven experience with building and leading teams.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Specific knowledge of relevant accounting standards – especially ASC 606.
- Self-starter; must have ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- SaaS industry experience strongly preferred.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond