Web Applications Developer
Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
We’re the engineering team that designs, develops and delivers the web-based software-as-a-service applications that are changing the way leading technology and product companies get their products to market. We’re looking for someone who appreciates both the joy and responsibility of delivering web services that matter. We are serious about delivering secure and reliable applications and services, but we also think great engineers thrive in a culture of pride and self-discipline rather than management-imposed rule-making. We use agile methodologies and best-of-breed open source tools to make our development process open, collaborative, and fun, and in our technical operations we apply the same simple but rigorous approach to designing and managing our infrastructure.
- Design, develop new features and improve Arena SaaS applications by understanding new requirements and existing functionality
- Prototype UI for potential features for inclusion in future versions of Arena SaaS applications based on design mockups. Translate prototypes into final production quality code.
- Leverage unit- and integration-test automation to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Debug product issues and fix bugs to maintain Arena applications.
- As the developer on a multi-disciplinary team with product management, design, quality assurance and operations, participate in requirements analysis, technical design, code reviews and test plans.
- 4+ years of experience developing multi-tiered web applications, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- 2+ years of experience and good understanding of Java and/or Groovy and related development tools, preferably Spring framework and Grails.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven expertise in developing clean, reusable, scalable and maintainable production quality web application code.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for quality, clean design and attention to detail.
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Crucible, Bamboo is a plus.
Cover Letters are strongly encouraged