Senior Security Engineer
Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Senior Security Engineer, Technology Group
We are looking for an intellectually curious software and application security expert to join us as a core member of the Technology Group at Arena Solutions, and help us build the next generation of product lifecycle management software.
We’re a successful company with seventeen years of experience delivering our product as a software-as-a-service, and our market leadership position reflects our long history and strong reputation for security and reliability. Our customers are discrete manufacturers who put our applications, infrastructure, and reputation at the heart of their business. We believe the best way to meet our customers’ needs today and tomorrow is to continually evaluate new technologies and apply industry-wide best practices as we iterate on our software and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Arena’s Director of Infrastructure Engineering to review, test, and improve Arena’s security processes.
- Take a leadership role in the evolution of Arena’s security practices, policies and procedures as you work with teams across the organization to assess and communicate risks, plan and implement application and infrastructure improvements, and automate verification of completed work.
- Act as a customer-facing representative for the security team and collaborate with the Sales and Customer Support teams to answer security questions from customers or partners.
- Stay current on security best practices inside and outside of the software-as-a-service industry and draw on public research, reports, and analysis to drive improvements to the overall security story at Arena.
- Research and evaluate emerging external security threats to Arena application availability and confidentiality.
- Mentor peers in the Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Product Management teams to ensure that new features are designed and implemented with security as a first-class principle.
- Coordinate and execute third-party penetration tests, review reports, and plan mitigating, corrective, and preventative actions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Five or more years working in an information security role
- Experience with software-as-a-service development, deployment, and security models
- Experience cultivating and driving a culture of security awareness
- Understanding of security risks and mitigations for software-as-a-service applications and APIs
- Experience with a broad range of security technologies, including Firewalls, DLP, NAC, IDS/IPS, IdAM, certificate management, SIEM, endpoint protection, anti-malware, and vulnerability management