Sales Development Representative
Sales | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Arena Solutions is a growing tech company whose web-based tools are changing the way innovative products are made. Our customers develop products like premium headphones (Beats By Dre), “personal transporters” (Segway), green cleaning products (Method), satellite radios (Sirius|XM), high-def cameras (GoPro) and thousands of other groundbreaking gadgets, devices, appliances, vehicles and packaged goods. We are a successful business still replete with the scrappy, nimble instincts of a start-up. Come be a part of our highly collaborative and fast-paced environment and help us change the way products are made. We think you’ll love our energetic, team-based culture, especially when it comes to our ambitious but informal style.
As a member of the sales team, you will be responsible for qualifying and developing sales opportunities. Your ability to interact with prospects, handle their questions, and follow-up with an appropriate level of persistence will help your team build a strong pipeline. We offer competitive salaries (base + incentive), and a fun, supportive environment.
- Follow-up on prospect leads via phone and email, qualify prospects, and uniquely position Arena’s solution.
- Determine appropriate engagement strategy and execute it, leveraging a variety of marketing and sales tools.
- Manage a large prospect base using state–of–the–art sales force automation tools.
- Proactively follow up on webinars, email campaigns, and other marketing activities.
- Work collaboratively with Arena Account Executives to strategize and create pipeline.
- College degree preferred.
- One year business development and/or sales experience preferred.
- Comfortable picking up the phone and calling prospects.
- Able to steer a conversation and get the information you want.
- High energy and a self–starter, high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Competitive and a team player.
- Adept at taking the initiative rather than waiting for something to happen.
- Interested in understanding the business challenges of a variety of industries.
- Interested in building the foundation for a successful sales career.
- Any understanding of the high-tech product development process or a manufacturing environment is a plus, but not required.
cover letters encouraged