IT Systems Administrator
Information Technology | Foster City, CA | Full Time
- Are you excited to work for a growing company?
- Do you want to be challenged in a complex technical environment, where security is critical?
- Do you like rolling up your sleeves and getting into every aspect of System Administration?
- Are you a self-starter who enjoys working in a small team?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want you to apply for the IT System Administrator position at Arena Solutions, Inc.
What you will do:
- System access administration for the company
- Generate and deliver encrypted customer data archives upon request
- Perform physical administration of Arena Solutions corporate servers
- Provide network, server, phone system, and desktop support to corporate staff
- Configure, setup and maintain VMware virtual machines for QA and customer success teams
- Keep abreast of new technologies and demonstrate new product capabilities as needed
- Participate with vendors during problem analysis and resolution
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in IT administration, computer science or other related field; or IT certification with proven work experience
- 3-5 years of systems/network experience
- 3+ years of experience with VMware (Fusion, vCenter, ESXi)
- Excellent hardware & software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations including firewalls, network routing/switching protocols and wireless.
- Experience replacing server, storage and network hardware components (e.g. Dell, IBM, Cisco)
- Background supporting telephone systems
- Windows Administration (Server 2003 thru 2016, Client XP thru Windows 10)
- Linux Administration (Mac OSX, RedHat/CentOS)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and see them to completion on schedule
It would be great if you also had:
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat and IIS web servers
- Experience with PKI (MS Certificate Services, OpenSSL)
- Experience with SolidWorks (EPDM, WG, Client)
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with drive imaging technology
- Background in Exchange 2016/2010 messaging system