Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
Arena Solutions is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Accounting Manager to join its dynamic, “all hands-on deck” accounting team. Arena is a multi-entity business with multiple locations in the US and oversees. If you like to roll up your sleeves, work with others and be a driver of change, you need to apply for this position. This position will report to the Controller, but does require interaction with the VP Finance, CFO and all other departments throughout the company.
- You will oversee and manage the month end close, on or before 7 business days following the end of the month.
- Perform the majority of the general ledger related tasks (e.g., accruals, prepaid expenses).
- Work with other departments (e.g., marketing, HR) to directly to obtain information required for the close.
- Perform research and variance analysis procedures to ensure close accuracy and provide timely and useful information to management.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations.
- This is a supervisory position, with responsibility of AR & AP.
- You will actively engage with the Finance & Accounting leadership team, making suggestions on ways to improve processes and controls within the business, as well as, ensure any changes are implemented timely. Be the lead of the annual audit. Working directly with the outside audit firm, prepare relevant schedules, respond to information requests, and assist with financial statement preparation
- Provide outside tax accountants with accurate and timely information to complete income tax returns. Prepare miscellaneous business tax returns and handle business tax audits as necessary.
- Assist the FP&A team as required.
- We need you to have your degree, in Accounting, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. If you have your CPA or passed the exam that’s a plus.
- We strongly prefer if you have public accounting experience and have worked in a multi-currency environment.
- It is important that you have solid overall knowledge of accounting business processes (AP, AR, Payroll, Month End Close).
- You must have demonstrable experience with one of the common ERP packages; Intacct a plus.
- You will need to be familiar with all MS Office products, demonstrating proficiency in MS Excel (e.g., pivot tables, lookup and reference functions, text functions).
- It is critical that you have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work both independently and with others.
- It is desirable that you have experience working in a “Lead” capacity in prior positions. Supervisory experience of direct reports a plus.
- Having experience in the software/SaaS industry is a plus.