Laboratory Operations Coordinator
R&D | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
At Arch Oncology, we are aiming high to discover and develop new antibody therapeutics to treat patients living with cancer. We are committed to advancing antibodies with best-in-class potential.
Our next-generation anti-CD47 antibodies are highly differentiated, with the potential to improve upon the safety and efficacy profile relative to other agents in this class. Our antibodies work by blocking the “don’t eat me” signal, the standard mechanism of anti-CD47 antibodies. Beyond blocking this signal, our antibodies also directly kill tumor cells. Importantly, our antibodies bind preferentially to tumor cells, instead of to normal cells, and bind even more potently to tumors in their acidic microenvironment (low pH).
Expanding our fight against cancer, we are advancing our lead anti-CD47 antibody AO-176 into clinical development for the treatment of patients with solid tumors.
We are aiming high in our fight against cancer. We are a team of highly experienced and driven professionals who are committed to excellence in all that we do. Our leadership team has successfully developed new drugs before. We know what we need to do to collaborate and execute to get the job done.
If you share this commitment and want to work with a team that is focused on helping patients, come aim high with us and apply.
At Arch Oncology, we have two locations. Our headquarters is in Brisbane, CA, a gateway of biotechnology innovation, and our scientific research laboratory is in St. Louis, MO, home of the Gateway Arch. This position is located in St. Louis, MO.
Sr. Director, Protein Biology and Research
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate laboratory organization and ensure efficient workflow and compliance with regulations, including safety regulations.
• Serve as the safety representative for the company at building tenant meetings and as the internal safety officer to coordinate trainings, implement improvements/corrective actions, and conduct internal safety audits.
• Manage purchasing and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies.
• Manage shipping and receiving of reagents and laboratory supplies.
• Liaison with building management/engineers to coordinate building maintenance with minimal impact on research activities and communicate facility operations and safety requirements.
• Maintain timely, thorough, and accurate records.
• B.S. or M.S. in biological sciences or related discipline desired.
• 1-2 years prior work experience required.
• Experience as the purchasing point person for a research group and previous experience with NetSuite is highly desired.
• Experience and knowledge of laboratory instruments, requirements, maintenance, and service contracts.
• Experience with facilities management and coordination with building and external service providers to prevent, respond and mitigate facility operations.
• Familiarity with a therapeutic discovery/research environment is highly desired.
• Strong collaborative skills; well-organized; goal oriented; effective in a multidisciplinary team environment.
• A strong work ethic, drive, pro-activeness, and ability to execute and multi-task activities with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and across laboratory management activities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exemplifies honesty, ethics, and integrity.
Arch Oncology offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Arch Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.