Technical Writer / Content Strategist
Integrated Systems | Mebane, NC | Full Time
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
- Determine the needs of users of technical documentation, both user facing and internal technical needs
- Study product samples (hardware and software) and interact with product designers and developers
- Work with the technical staff early in the development process to make products intuitive and simplify the learning process
- Write and organize supporting content for products
- Edit, standardize or commercialize material prepared by our Italy team, to fit users in the North American market
- Edit, standardize or commercialize material prepared by 3rd party OEM manufacturers
- Use photographs, renderings, diagrams, animation, charts, etc. that makes the user experience more intuitive and easier to comprehend
- Select appropriate media for our internal audience and external users, such as quick reference guides, service manuals, user videos or trouble-shooting videos
- Once technical content is created, make this searchable in Drupal or other suitable software or cloud-based technologies and IoT devices for our Technical Support team members. Consideration of machine learning tools would be a plus
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather user feedback from our Professional Services, Installation and Technical Support teams on a regular cadence
- Revise content as new users arise and field feedback is received. This should be done on a standard cadence to meet market expectations
- Help to drive change with examples that improve efficiency and reduce the overall cost of ownership for our customers
- Communicate with cross functional groups in a way that are intuitive and visually appealing
- Conduct research on technical topics through personal observation, industry studies and internet data
- Lead and participate in peer reviews of user documentation with internal ARCA associates and teams
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and tools that apply to this role; what should we bring internal to ARCA as a best practice OR what should we contract with experts for cutting edge technology
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or English is required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in products related to computer science, web design or engineering
- Proven track record of taking complex, technical information and simplifying for non-technical users
- Knowledge of Financial Industry equipment and processes is a plus
- Knowledge of Retail POS and back office equipment is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to guide and influence teams
- Experience with graphic design or animation (Adobe Illustrator) or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is preferred
- JIRA proficiency is preferred
- ShareFile experience is preferred
- A member of the Society for Technical Communication is a plus
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint) experience is required (or comparable Google products)
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.