Technical Support Specialist
Technical Services | Mebane, NC | Full Time
Do you have exceptional organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail? Are you superb on the phone and a problem solver?
If the answer is yes, you could be just the right person to fill our Technical Help Desk role as we continue to turn the cash automation industry upside-down. We are seeking a team member with availability to work Monday - Friday 12pm - 9pm, and Saturdays as needed.
No ordinary Help Desk role
As a Help Desk Team Member, you’ll work closely with our customers. You’ll troubleshoot with clients over the phone, document issues and assist our field technical team.
We want to help you leverage your technical skills to help out customers. The successful candidate will be energetic, client centric, self-motivated, and detail oriented. They must have technical aptitude and a desire to learn. The right candidate must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Why you’ll enjoy this role
This is an opportunity to join a fun, supportive and client obsessed team where you can leverage your technical skills. You'll interact with our customers everyday and feel good knowing you that you're part of a team that always puts the customer first.
The skills we need
Your smarts and enthusiasm for troubleshooting and customer support is more important than industry experience — but if you have experience in the banking industry, that’s a definite plus.
If you don’t like talking on the phone, this probably isn’t the role for you.
If you have ERP experience, we love that also!
- Responding to customer inquiries and exceeding customer expectations for our hardware and software
- Monitoring and scheduling preventive maintenance service calls in coordination with Product Management Coordinator
- Ordering spare service parts and dispatching service partners as appropriate
- Monitoring triage report in order to proactively address customer's needs
- Documenting existing and new customer inquiries in Infor, our ERP system
- Ensuring downloaded log files are sent in for every service call
- Sending an email to Senior Technical Support Specialist if automatic daily logs from the welcome call are not received from a specific customer
- Verifying data and closing service orders upon completion in ERP system and internal software
- Including the resolution/tech action taken to recover machine on all non-Product Management Service Orders prior to closing
Your smarts and enthusiasm for troubleshooting and customer support is more important than industry experience — but if you have experience in the banking industry, that’s a definite plus. If you don’t like talking on the phone, this probably isn’t the role for you. If you have ERP experience, we love that also!
Other preferred qualifications include:
- About 1-2 years of a technical help desk experience. If you don't have the experience, tell us in your cover letter why you're still a great fit for the position.
- A confident and outgoing personality. You’ve worked with a headset on before and are comfortable speaking on the phone.
- Great organizational skills. There’s a difference between saying you’re organized and actually being organized. You should have some kind of system for managing tasks.
- Computer skills. You know your way around MS Office (especially Word and Excel).
- The ability to have a laugh and work as part of a team.
- Availability to work Monday - Friday 12pm - 9pm, and occasional Saturdays.
Who we are
ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks.
Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation. We already work with customers in more than 50 countries and have offices in the US, UK, Italy and France.
What’s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina’s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You’ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
Little things. There’s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you’ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.